SOLVED: *** SCENE DISCOVERY NOT WORKING.***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: *** SCENE DISCOVERY NOT WORKING.***

I was doing some cleanup on my Alexa integration today. I was seeing all of my Devices duplicated in Alexa. So I removed both homeseer skills, and added them back in again one at a time.

I got device discovery working again without duplicating items in Alexa. But now none of my events are showing up in the scenes section.

I tried disabling and enabling voice control in the event in homeseer and running discover both before and after doing this. Nothing.

I see this showing in the log each time I discover devices:

Amazon Echo Discovery requested, version: 2

So I am assuming that everything is connected correctly. And now most of my routines are down.

If anyone has any thoughts on this please do let me know. Thanks.

I solved it. I went back again and deleted all of the skills and then added them again and now it is working. It is quite quirky.

Comment

How many skills are you referring to? Only one of the two HomeSeer skills actually discovers devices.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I must say I am confused by the two skills. I have both enabled, and when troubleshooting - such as the work I did yesterday because something was definitely not communicating between Alexa and Homeseer - I disabled and re-enabled both as I am not clear on the differences. I do not use the one that requires you to "tell homeseer to turn on something". I only use the other one, and I think that is the one that discovers both devices and events? Is that correct?

As an aside, multiple other connections from other systems I have to Alexa intermittently fail in this way, so I don't think the issues is limited to Homeseer. It would be good however if the Alexa connection to homeseer was a bit more descriptive - such as discovery requested, found XX devices and XX events and sending them to Alexa. That way debugging would be much easier.

Comment

Here's an explanation of the two skills.
          https://homeseer.com/amazon-alexa-integration/
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

As a suggestion, perhaps rename them as "Tell Homeseer" skill and "don't need to tell homeseer skill"!

I am only checking on certain devices and events and calling them by name. I am not using the "tell homeseer to" functionality.

So if I am reading this correctly, I could disable the Home Automation Skill? Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X