Schlage Sense deadbolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schlage Sense deadbolt

Does anyone know if I could control the Schlage Sense deadbolt in homeseer via the Alexa integration?

Here it shows how Alexa can control this deadbolt

https://www.schlage.com/blog/categor...mart-lock.html

I don't believe it can be done directly, but there's a kludge solution that might work: a HS event with a speak action to a speaker client next to an alexa device. That way HS can give Alexa any command you can verbally give.

The z-wave version of the lock would be a better solution for HS integration.
    -Wade

Comment

You could also do this by going through IFTTT. Just have a trigger phrase in Alexa that fires off a Homeseer event.

I purposely do not allow Alexa to unlock my locks, as I do not want someone trying to unlock the door by yelling at Alexa through a window.

Oops, you want the opposite. If you have a speaker client, just have the event cause the client to say the magic Alexa phrase to a nearby Echo device. I do that to set and reset the Alexa glass break detection.

Comment

There is another thread that talks about the phonetic text phrase you can use to trigger Alexa from a speaker. Ideally you do it programmatically direct to the Schlage lock, or Alexa for that matter, but it is possible.

Comment

Thanks guys, I was hoping for a more programmatic way of controlling this lock. Since there is a wifi adapter, I was expecting to have some API over IP, will check this some more.

Comment

Originally posted by chubafelix View Post
            Thanks guys, I was hoping for a more programmatic way of controlling this lock. Since there is a wifi adapter, I was expecting to have some API over IP, will check this some more.
            If you have a SmartThings hub, the Alexa integration could be done via SmartThings. You can then bidirectionally integrate the lock into Homeseer via JSON calls between SmartThings API and Homeseer. I use this arrangement for a few devices that ST offers native integration for that Homeseer does not (i.e Ring doorbells).

Eventually HS4 will include a SmartThings plugin that should handle the JSON calls behind the scenes. Only minor downside to this arrangement is the ST API is cloud-based.

Hubitat is another possible alternative, and there is already a HS plugin available for the Hubitat hub.

--Barry

Comment

Working...
            X