No announcement yet.

Alexa not working with HS New - It used to be great

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon is constantly making modifications to their code so I'm guessing these changes are affecting the interaction between HS3 and Alexa which could account for the fact that you've made no changes yet problems arise.
    ๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsโ€‹

Comment

Is there a final update on this? I have forgotten all, disabled skills, enabled voice for only required devices, changed passwords on my homeseer, added a room at a time... and I was only able to add 6 devices. Then, it stopped discovering devices. I had all 50+ devices loaded at one point. The "Tell homeseer to do something" gig doesn't really work with the family... especially, when for other hubs (Philips, Kasa, etc.), no issues...

Comment

Originally posted by oserani View Post
        Is there a final update on this? I have forgotten all, disabled skills, enabled voice for only required devices, changed passwords on my homeseer, added a room at a time... and I was only able to add 6 devices. Then, it stopped discovering devices. I had all 50+ devices loaded at one point. The "Tell homeseer to do something" gig doesn't really work with the family... especially, when for other hubs (Philips, Kasa, etc.), no issues...
        I'd recommend putting in a support ticket on this issue. support@homeseer.com

๐Ÿ’โ€โ™‚๏ธ Support & Customer Service ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™‚๏ธ Sales Questions ๐Ÿ›’ Shop HomeSeer Productsโ€‹

Comment

I will add a bit of โ€œsuperstitionโ€ to this issue and then my eventual fix: RESET ALEXA Hardware.

For ALEXA DOT 2nd Generation

Twice (once OCT 2019 and then today) when stuck with โ€œSorry alexa voice for xxx is not respondingโ€, no amount of resetting voice flags or forgetting devices or disabling the application or removing the application made my DOT properly perform voice commands. Strange things would happen which lead me to WARN that the device definitions are held in the DOT memory or the CLOUD or BOTH. Sometimes during debugging attempts, voice commands would recognize devices that were NOT in the application device list. I suspect this is the core of many confusing observations.

I believe my most recent disconnect happened due to ME installing a NEW PC which has a different IP address on my home network. All HS3 operations would work, events and manual commanding, but ALEXA was broken.

FIX:
          • Perform a manual RESET of the ALEXA DOT
          • New SETUP of DOT through Amazon account
          • This was not enough to clean the crud from Amazon accounts
          • Forget All devices; Disable SKILL; Enable SKILL; Discover devices
          • Voice control now working

Hoping this can help through your ALEXA issues.

LZH

Comment

Working...
          X