Alexa API update - Voice Personalization added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa API update - Voice Personalization added

Hello rjh macromark I don't know if you noticed a recent change in the Alexa API that allows third party skills to utilize voice personalization. If you open the Alexa app, there is a new popup that informs users that third party skills can now take advantage of this new feature. Alexa can now recognize each users voice to personalize the experience. Seems like this could be a nice addition to Homeseer. What do you think?
    HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
    Plugin's:
    BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
    EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
    weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

It's fairly apparent that the devs are busy coding HS4, so until that gets released, I doubt any features such as this or the other sensor skill will be forthcoming. I'd also hedge your bets and get HS4, as most companies only add new features to their latest products.....

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
      It's fairly apparent that the devs are busy coding HS4, so until that gets released, I doubt any features such as this or the other sensor skill will be forthcoming. I'd also hedge your bets and get HS4, as most companies only add new features to their latest products.....
      I've already purchased the HS4 upgrade and thought I would post about the Alexa API in case Rich had some time to add it in for the new HS4 version. It would be a nice feature to add with new users coming in.
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Same here, the HS team are not bad for being responsive as they took note of providing an upgrade path for those of us loyal customers - but since HS4 hasn't dropped yet, I can imagine focus is purely on getting out, then the extra features will start being deployed.

I'm hoping that the alexa stuff is retooled, HS3's is not good, and perhaps they can bake hue emulation into the product to allow the choice of using the HS skill or local control.

Comment

Working...
        X