Alexa reports temp in Celsius

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa reports temp in Celsius

So this has been happening for a while now , when I ask for the stat temp it says "23 degress"... it saying the temp in Celsius where my settings are in farenheit.. Anyone found a cure for this??
    Hector
    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Did you try Googling this? A quick search shows the exact steps to change this.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp, if you are referring to the settings on the app, that has been checked , the app is enabled for farenheit.
      Hector
      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Which stat are you using? Do you have F selected on your Tools > Setup > General Tab > Temperature Scale?

Comment

Same here. My thermostat is connected to the ElkM1g and interfaced to HS via the ElkM1G Ultra plugin. It worked a while back but from the last year or so it reports house temp in celsius. There are some other threads where this was discussed. It is not the Alexa app settings. Something happened in the HS side of the skill that seems to cause some thermostats to do this and report temps in Celsius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here with CT-100 thermostats. Reports in Celsius.
            Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              Which stat are you using? Do you have F selected on your Tools > Setup > General Tab > Temperature Scale?
              All my setting are correct.. as it been said, this is a HS skill issue, I hope the people in HS can take a look at this, it's easy to reproduce just ask alexa to get stat temp..
              Hector
              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I just tested this here and it's working just fine. Which skill are you using? Have you tried removing the stat and adding it back to your network?

Comment

I am using the smart home skill, how do I know if there a update to the skill..?
                  Hector
                  AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                    I am using the smart home skill, how do I know if there a update to the skill..?
                    If there's an update it will be automatically picked up as changes are dynamic. I would recommend using the remove/delete a node from within the Z-Wave controller management and then add the stat back to HS3 and this should fix this.

Comment

This is still not fixed. Alexa is set up for
                      Fahrenheit. Homeseer Temperature Scale is Fahrenheit. Trane Zwave thermostat has been removed and readded, still reports temperature as 23.9 degrees.

Comment

I've recently upgraded to HS4 and enabled Alexa. It's still broken.

Comment

The HomeSeer team has been updating the Skill (with this fix) and said it is close to being pushed to production, but you will need to have HS4. I hope they will notify the community with the news and any new capabilities. I am waiting for the announcement before I upgrade to HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by lipsit View Post
                            The HomeSeer team has been updating the Skill (with this fix) and said it is close to being pushed to production, but you will need to have HS4. I hope they will notify the community with the news and any new capabilities. I am waiting for the announcement before I upgrade to HS4.
                            Been waiting for this for the longest time, now for it to work you need to upgrade, that not right...
                            Hector
                            AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post

Been waiting for this for the longest time, now for it to work you need to upgrade, that not right...
                              Ditto here. Alexa is reporting in Celsius. After Alexa reports the Celsius I ask Alexa to convert the Celsus to Farhenheight to get the correct temp. Very annoying.

Comment

Working...
                              X