Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices Unresponsive

Hi All,
    Having problems with the alexa skill today. Devices are showing as unresponsive. Myhs seems to be fine and can access my system but alexa doesn't seem to be able to talk to Myhs. I've remived the skill and re-added and all the devices come back in and loose the unresponsive message but then when I try and use it.. It just sits there saying 'Waiting for Hineseer'

Is it just me?

No. Go to your HS skills and disable then reenable them. No need to delete everything. I know this sounds like exactly what you have done (minus the deletion) but for some reason it works better. ...or has for me.

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
      No. Go to your HS skills and disable then reenable them. No need to delete everything. I know this sounds like exactly what you have done (minus the deletion) but for some reason it works better. ...or has for me.
      thanks for this. quit working for no apparent reason a day ago. good reminder to try this first. for the next person, i did NOT need to rediscover devices either.

Comment

I had to disable/enable about 4 time over the last few weeks. Is there a fixed planned to solve this issue?

Comment

Same here... I find myself having to disable and re-enable the skill, relinking to myHS, in order for the devices to become responsive again... a lot more than before... on average twice per week...

Used to be quite reliable... now my usual expectation is to tell Alexa to do something with HS and be surprised when it actually happens... not good
          HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548| Plug-Ins Enabled: Sonos 3.1.0.57, RFXCOM 30.0.0.45, X10 3.0.0.62, IPThermostat 3.4.5.0, Pushover 3P 0.0.0.54, Blue-Iris 3.1.3.33206, Z-Wave 3.0.10.0, BLML2HS 2.0.28.0, mcsMQTT 6.12.4.0, Insteon 3.0.7.19​​ | Win 7 32-bit | Intel Atom D2550 @ 1.86GHz 4GB RAM

Comment

Add me to this list. It is becoming more and more unreliable.

And today I cannot even get it to work at all using any combination of rebooting, disabling/enabling, and forgetting/rediscovery.

WAF is dropping like a rock.

Comment

HS3 and Alexa liked each other this morning but all devices are unresponsive. Ugh...love to know why and if relinking is the only option or would it reconnect on its own...

Comment

MyHS was down earlier and likely the cause

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

My scenes stopped working in Alexa earlier this week. My devices are working. I suppose I have to disconnect and reconnect the skill (again). Anyone have any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

By trial and error I solved the issue. I had to disable and then re-enable the SmartHome Skill then re-discover all devices. I did not delete them before re-discovering. They all seem to be working now. But why?????

Comment

I'm having same problem. Everything "unresponsive". I tried disabling the skill and re-enable, but no joy. Is this a server problem?

Comment

To be clear, enabling and disabling the skill did not work for me. I had to reconnect myhs and then run a discover devices for everything to work again. Try that.

Comment

i get this problem on a daily basis, sometimes randomly, other times after a HS3 reboot. Each time to fix i have to disable the Homeseer Skill in Alexa then re-enable it and sign in to MyHS and it instantly starts working again. I must have done this 20 times over the last could of weeks. Any help or advice to fix it would be great, in the past i have never had to relink the skill for it to start working again after a reboot.

Comment

Things were working fine with this skill until a couple of days ago. Now everything is 'unresponsive'. I know that my Windows 10 had an update recently. I haven't tried the enable/disable skill. I've had this happen before (but not for a long time) and if I wait things seem to clear up. I don't really want to go through the device setup again. I do know that myhs works just fine.

Comment

Same problem here. In the past I've tried disabling/enabling skill, rediscover devices. I'm done. Going to abandon Alexa and look at other alternatives.

Current Date/Time: 3/15/2020 9:01:53 AM
                              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
                              Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerSELv2 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 34 Days 21 Hours 23 Minutes 37 Seconds
                              IP Address: 192.168.1.180
                              Number of Devices: 244
                              Number of Events: 139
                              Available Threads: 199
                              HSTouch Enabled: False
                              Event Threads: 0
                              Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
                              Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
                              Device Exec Queue: 0
                              HSTouch Event Queue: 0
                              Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins