No announcement yet.

Devices Unresponsive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 again in Ireland. Alexa unresponsive for last 12 hours at least. Also when looking for upgrades on my two Zee2 devices, in the "Setup" page I get "Error Downloading update control file: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)" Other users reporting the same error there as well.

Comment

Still nothing this morning 10:33 the 31st May. Almost 24hours down now.

Is it just a UK thing? Very odd.

Comment

Oh, and be sure to log this in a ticket if your down. They may not realise if it's not everyone down.

https://homeseer.com/contact-us/

Comment

Now back up and running

Comment

Back running here too at 14.12

Comment

Would be interested to know what happened.

For critical things I'd probably recommend installing a hue emulator on a pi or something - you can use that to translate switch commands to homeseer api calls to avoid reliance on at least some of the cloud stuff.

Comment

Just disabled/discovered again and everything's back.

Comment

Originally posted by sidepipe View Post

For critical things I'd probably recommend installing a hue emulator on a pi or something - you can use that to translate switch commands to homeseer api calls to avoid reliance on at least some of the cloud stuff.
                  I wouldn’t rely on a service like this. It’s only there for novelty purposes and clearly you can see why.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

I wouldn’t rely on a service like this. It’s only there for novelty purposes and clearly you can see why.
                    Huh? So you'd rather rely on a service which can be down for hours or even days with no warning and no way to fix it rather than something which has run reliably on many people's networks for years? Each to their own I guess, but personally I'd rather at least have the option to spin up an alternative if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by sidepipe View Post
                      Homeseer support told me: "We had a certificate expire and didn't receive a notification about the expiration."

Comment

Originally posted by MFULLER View Post

Homeseer support told me: "We had a certificate expire and didn't receive a notification about the expiration."

Interesting and quite plausible as 30th May 2020 was a big security cert expiry date for many. A number of other applications I work on had similar experiences on the same date. Service calls just stopped working in many cases with no warning. Still, I wouldn’t entrust any mission critical automations into the hands of Alexa.

Comment

Originally posted by concordseer View Post

Interesting and quite plausible as 30th May 2020 was a big security cert expiry date for many. A number of other applications I work on had similar experiences on the same date. Service calls just stopped working in many cases with no warning. Still, I wouldn’t entrust any mission critical automations into the hands of Alexa.
                          Alexa just provides voice control for our system. If it goes down, I have a touch screen permanently setup for direct Homeseer control

Comment

Still not working for me. There's two Homeseer skills, neither one - when enabled with account login - work. I deleted my devices and neither skill will enable device discovery either. I opened a support ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT View Post
                              Still not working for me. There's two Homeseer skills, neither one - when enabled with account login - work. I deleted my devices and neither skill will enable device discovery either. I opened a support ticket.
                              Well, Support was no help, and now they are saying that they don't support HS3 Pro running in a VM. Nice.

So, looks like I may have to move to OpenHAB.

Comment

Working...
                              X