Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Alexa Integration With Local HomeSeer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Alexa Integration With Local HomeSeer?

Is there a way to use Alexa integration without having to depend on MyHs online service? I like the ability to keep my automation going with HomeSeer but this MyHs outage issue that I'm experiencing is causing a bunch of problems for me. I am also considering seeing if there is a way to connect a SmartThings Hub and using integration through that instead if it is possible. Before moving to HomeSeer, I was using ST and at least they are monitoring system health 24/7. I just didn't like the lack of a offline option.

I would love this as well, it appears to be a feature with other local hubs.....
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...C6XV9DX58VW5YW
    Could this be added to HS4?

Comment

This works because some Alexa devices have a Zigbee radio builtin. This is why it says

"Local Voice Control supports certain requests (such as controlling compatible lights, switches and plugs) when an Echo device with a built-in smart home hub is not connected to the Internet."
      There is no way Amazon is going to let 3rd party systems use the Zigbee radio in the Alexa device as a control hub.

Comment

I am using HA-bridge, since the Alexa integration is not working at all for me. It refuses to discover devices.
        with the HA-bridge, no problem at all.
        Maybe you want to look into this as well, it does not depend on MYHS.

Cor

Comment

Working...
        X