Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa is turning on both my living room lights AND my heos system??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa is turning on both my living room lights AND my heos system??

I have a denon AVR-x3400h with Heos built in. I have my lights setup for voice command, and also my heos setup for voice command. For some reason, when I say "Alexa, turn on the living room lights" she turns on the living room lights, AND also turns the AVR on and sets it to HEOS... Why is it doing both? I do have the name of the heos as "Living room Heos", would that be causing it?

I've had similar issues with how devices with voice control and Siri. What I found was that the name I set for the device was less important than how the device was defined in the voice API. My workaround ended up being to set up events to control devices I didn't want inadvertantly activated by voice command.
    HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
    Number of Devices: 1005
    Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Nevermind, I figured it out. I had my heos AND lights in the same group titled Living Room in my alexa app. Aparently when you say turn on the living room light, Alexa assumes you mean Every device in that room...

Comment

Originally posted by jjohnston View Post
        Nevermind, I figured it out. I had my heos AND lights in the same group titled Living Room in my alexa app. Aparently when you say turn on the living room light, Alexa assumes you mean Every device in that room...
        The other thing to check, make sure that you have the “Is Light” checked in each of your lights. I think Alexa will turn on just the lights with those checked in HS. Does the Alexa app allow you to add the Denon as the speaker for that room? I would think if it does it should know that it isn’t a light.

We have Sonos and lights assigned to a single room and Alexa doesn’t turn on our speakers even though they are a part of the group.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
        Plugin's:
        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
        X