Homeseer Home Automation is DOWN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Home Automation is DOWN

Homeseer Home Automation is DOWN. Nothing is working any more that I used to use. I have Jon00Alexa.ini with a handful of routines as well as events in HS4 that dont work at all now. Is there some other way to make this all work?

What's down? The Alexa skill?
    Jon

Comment

Yes the skill was taken down by Amazon as it had an error or something. Rich knows about it. But its been more than a week now and still not working. My house relies on that skill and your INI to do lots of things.

Comment

You would need to chase HST then. I very much doubt they would look here (edit: moved to the correct forum).

It may be possible to create your own skill but I don't know if the following still works: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...34#post1290908
        Jon

Comment

We are working with Amazon to get it back. Note that this is the "tell homeseer" skill. Amazon appears to be reviewing skills and they ran a test on ours and it failed. It does not abide by their current rules because we simply take the phrase the user said and pass it to HS. That is no longer allowed but they grandfathered us in last year. So we are arguing the case with them. I can post back here when I hear back. I pinged them again today.

If you have it enabled, you can still use it, so DO NOT disable it! If you did disable it, you will have to wait and see what happens.

Note that our Smart Home Skill is still available.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Mine wasn't working so I disabled it to try and fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by mworsnop View Post
              Mine wasn't worming so I disabled it to try and fix it.
              I retract my previous statement. Was able to get Smart Home Skill up and running after a few login failures. All good.

Comment

I received a reply from them yesterday, hopefully a response soon.

Hi Rich,

I'm still working with our internal team on this, but I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I have an update. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best regards,

Alisha E.
                Alexa Developer Advocate

Comment

I am slowly rewriting my whole system. This is really annoying. I guess no one at Amazon cares.

Comment

I am slowly rewriting my whole system. This is really annoying. I guess no one at Amazon cares.
                    Just curious... why are you "slowly rewriting my whole system", whatever that means?

Comment

Originally posted by TC1 View Post

Just curious... why are you "slowly rewriting my whole system", whatever that means?
                      Not OP but Alexa rebuilds are painful. Sometimes have to add one device at a time, go through Alexa discovery, turn another device on for voice control in HS, go through Alexa discovery again, etc. All of my routines are set up HomeSeer-side (as they should be) because Alexa (not necessarily the HomeSeer integration portion) is fairly unreliable.

Comment

Originally posted by NET1 View Post

Not OP but Alexa rebuilds are painful. Sometimes have to add one device at a time, go through Alexa discovery, turn another device on for voice control in HS, go through Alexa discovery again, etc. All of my routines are set up HomeSeer-side (as they should be) because Alexa (not necessarily the HomeSeer integration portion) is fairly unreliable.
                        Ok, thanks for that explanation, since I've never bothered with Alexa integration. And I agree with your point that it's smarter to do most of the configuration (creating virtual devices and events that you can voice control) on the HS side rather than the Alexa side. One has to always assume any Internet related service will be unavailable at any time for any number of reasons.

Comment

Good news for all of you want to use the "Tell HomeSeer" skill, Amazon reports that it tested fine and they have enabled the Skill I checked the URL and it does appear to be live.

Sorry this took so long but it was an issue out of our control.

Any issues, please post.

Comment

I see the skill on the list now, but when I click on it, it says the skill is unavailable.

Comment

Man, can anything just work?

I will email them, it might be that it takes a while to work through their servers.

I see the skill on the list now, but when I click on it, it says the skill is unavailable.

Comment

Working...
                              X