Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest News from Alexa Development Blog AND IT SOUNDS GOOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest News from Alexa Development Blog AND IT SOUNDS GOOD!

Just had an email with some news that states that, starting later this year, along with many new abilities which including Alexa hunches (hmm I'll pass on that), there will also be this:

"You can use local smart home skills to connect your devices locally to Echo devices and enable customers to control them at low latencies and when devices are offline"

and the lord said hallelujah!

Comment

wow.. ok, now if they know that 'alexa turn on the lights' means that room's lights I'm sold on an alexa echosystem
      HS4 Pro on Shuttle NC10U, Win10; Z-NET
      Number of Devices: 1005
      Number of Events: 293

Plug-Ins: BLLock, DirecTv, EasyTrigger, Honeywell WiFi Thermostat, Marquis monoprice Amp, MeiHarmonyHub, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, UltraM1G3, rnbWeather, Worx Landroid, Z-Wave

External applications: Homebridge-homeseer, Geofency, EgiGeoZone.

Comment

Now if that would include
        * We can trigger announcement to Alexa devices through HS
        * Alexa knows its room, i.e. I can just say "Alexa, turn on fan" and it will turn on the ceiling fan for the master bedroom if I am in the master bedroom, or it will turn on the office fan when I say that command while being in the office, etc.
        * I don't have 3 Alexa's responding to the same command
        * Let other doorbells like the Skybell play a chime on Alexa devices (clearly it's possible because it works for the ring doorbell they purchased).

Comment

You can have Alexa TTS via node red. Its brilliant. All my TTS is now done via my Alexa's. You even have a whisper mode, choose between announce, speak, whisper, have different voices, change volume

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
            You can have Alexa TTS via node red. Its brilliant. All my TTS is now done via my Alexa's. You even have a whisper mode, choose between announce, speak, whisper, have different voices, change volume
            I’d love to see some details on how this is done. I’ve followed some of the guides out here which are good and got me going as far as proof of concept, but I’m having trouble with the logistics of different events and different echos handling different messages.

Comment

Originally posted by kwolter View Post

I’d love to see some details on how this is done. I’ve followed some of the guides out here which are good and got me going as far as proof of concept, but I’m having trouble with the logistics of different events and different echos handling different messages.
              Check out post #5 in this https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ding-variables

It uses Node-RED and MQTT to easily add Alexa TTS to your system.

Comment

This is the link https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HO...r+use+with+HS4 where you find the node red install instructions. Then you need to install the alexa remote 2 pallette into node red, and the mqtt pallette. You will also need mcsMQTT PI for HS4

Comment

Working...
                X