Alexa report status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa report status

I'm new to Homeseer, so I hope this isn't too basic a question. Can I use Homeseer Web Control to have Alexa speak status changes? For example, if a door is opened (door sensor activated), can I have Alexa say "the door is open"? Any advice or help would be appreciated. Thanks.

See this guide:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...E2%80%9D-guide

You would base the event in HomeSeer. HomeSeer detects the change in sensor state and send a TTS command to be spoken aloud by Alexa.

This is in contrast to basing the event in Alexa itself, where a change in sensor state would trigger a predefined Alexa routine.

AFAIK HomeSeer still does not have the ability to report device state changes up to Alexa. The Alexa integration is one way, Alexa -> HomeSeer.

HomeSeer is your best choice for the central event engine and I'd recommend basing all your HA logic in it. Use plugins or Node Red to connect in third party devices for triggers and actions. Use Alexa only as a voice control/TTS device.

Comment

I've put off integrating Alexa just yet because of the skill issues that were rjh was fighting over with Amazon.

Has this been resolved and will the Alexa skill work on HS3 as well as 4?

Comment

Yes, the "Tell HomeSeer" skill is now available and works with HS3 and HS4.

Originally posted by George View Post
        I've put off integrating Alexa just yet because of the skill issues that were rjh was fighting over with Amazon.

Has this been resolved and will the Alexa skill work on HS3 as well as 4?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
        X