Alexa Routines Custom Command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Routines Custom Command

Amaazon has just launched a new Alexa Routines capability, with little fanfare. You can now enter a custom Alexa command as a routine action. The custom command is entered exactly as you would say it (minus the wake word).

I am using it to turn off Alexa Guard. Routines has a way to turn on Alexa Guard as a routine action item, but not to turn it off. Now there is a way to do it.

The Custom Alexa command is the last (bottom) entry when selecting a routine action.

As I understand it, there can be only one custom Alexa command per routine, and it has to be last. Also, this is being rolled out in the US only at the moment (not all in the US has even got it yet).

Its fairly easy to run Homeseer events from Alexa. Now if there is ever discovered an "easy" way to trigger Alexa routines from Homeseer, the circle will be complete.

Originally posted by aa6vh View Post

Its fairly easy to run Homeseer events from Alexa. Now if there is ever discovered an "easy" way to trigger Alexa routines from Homeseer, the circle will be complete.
    Thanks, I have been using Jon00's Voice Monkey to turn Guard on automatically when I leave home. It is has been annoying that I wasn't able to turn it off.
    This works perfectly! It also gives me some more ideas on how to use Voice Monkey with Alexa routines.

Thanks!

DSteiNeuro

HS3Pro

MSI Cubi Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) 16GB DDRl RAM

Enabled Plug-Ins
    BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, JowiHue, MyQ, Nest, Rain8, Squeezebox, Ultra1Wire3, UltraGCIR3, Vista Alarm, X10,Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
    X