Alexa using Homeseer home automation skill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa using Homeseer home automation skill

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but if I wanted to use the homeseer home automation skill with Jon's great helper, I would have to prefice the commands with "tell homeseer" of course. Now if I tell Alexa to control a device it doesn't recognize, it automatically runs the homeseer home automation command. For example, "alexa sleep" It now say "ok, here's homeseer home auto skill" followed by the command, then my custom response. This is a nice feature... anyone else notice this?

Great! 😁
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Originally posted by langenet View Post
    Not sure if anyone else noticed, but if I wanted to use the homeseer home automation skill with Jon's great helper, I would have to prefice the commands with "tell homeseer" of course. Now if I tell Alexa to control a device it doesn't recognize, it automatically runs the homeseer home automation command. For example, "alexa sleep" It now say "ok, here's homeseer home auto skill" followed by the command, then my custom response. This is a nice feature... anyone else notice this?

Great! 😁
    I’ve noticed it sometimes working.

I’ve since begun adding Alexa routines that take advantage of the new custom voice command option that can include “as homeseer to” to eliminate the need for predefined and known commands you want homeseer to act on. That works consistently well including jon00’s extension that can ask for responses.

—Lee III

Comment

Lee,

I tried to create a custom routine. For the command, I prefixed the command with "tell homeseer", but it didn't work. Would you mind sharing how you're doing this.
      I've never bothered to use routines up until now. Looks interesting...

thanks

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
        Lee,

I tried to create a custom routine. For the command, I prefixed the command with "tell homeseer", but it didn't work. Would you mind sharing how you're doing this.
        I've never bothered to use routines up until now. Looks interesting...

thanks

Robert
        It’s pretty straight forward. Create one or more Alexa routines for each custom homeseer command to expand alexa’s library of commands and then eliminate having to say “tell homeseer” when speaking. Two screen shots below give an example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

OK... thanks for confirming. I did the same thing but perhaps I was too fast in trying to test it. Created a couple more - all good now.

Comment

Working...
          X