No announcement yet.

Alexa skill doesn't work. Tried everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have attempted to upgrade to the latest version again 4.2.5.0. I removed the "Automation" skill and only have the "Alexa Smart Home Skill Integration" . I removed all of my devices and rediscovered them.

According to the notes for the skill https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...ll+Integration. I should be able to control devices without saying the floor and room.

After device discovery is complete, you should be able to control any discovered device by using any combination of its name and location. For example, if the discovered device is First Floor Living Room Candle Lights, the following commands should work:

"Alexa, turn on the Candle Lights"
    "Alexa, turn on the Living Room Candle Lights"
    "Alexa, turn on the First Floor Living Room Candle Lights"

However, that is not the case. The only devices showing in Alexa have the entire floor and room unless I put a specific voice command in the device, I have to say the entire floor and room along with the device name.

Any ideas?

Comment

You can rename it to just candle light in Alexa. On an android phone: alexa/devices/choose device/gear box/edit name/candle light. I think that is what you are trying to do

Comment

I can do that or I can put a specific voice command in the device settings, but I don't want to have to do that. I have hundreds of devices. The plugin clearly states that I should be able to say the name or combination of floor / room. This worked before I upgraded. I also only have installed the "Alexa Smart Home Skill Integration" .

After device discovery is complete, you should be able to control any discovered device by using any combination of its name and location. For example, if the discovered device is First Floor Living Room Candle Lights, the following commands should work:

"Alexa, turn on the Candle Lights"
        "Alexa, turn on the Living Room Candle Lights"
        "Alexa, turn on the First Floor Living Room Candle Lights"

Comment

Working...
        X