Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zakrzep
    replied
    I can do that or I can put a specific voice command in the device settings, but I don't want to have to do that. I have hundreds of devices. The plugin clearly states that I should be able to say the name or combination of floor / room. This worked before I upgraded. I also only have installed the "Alexa Smart Home Skill Integration" .

After device discovery is complete, you should be able to control any discovered device by using any combination of its name and location. For example, if the discovered device is First Floor Living Room Candle Lights, the following commands should work:

"Alexa, turn on the Candle Lights"
    "Alexa, turn on the Living Room Candle Lights"
    "Alexa, turn on the First Floor Living Room Candle Lights"

Leave a comment:

• wkomorow
    replied
    You can rename it to just candle light in Alexa. On an android phone: alexa/devices/choose device/gear box/edit name/candle light. I think that is what you are trying to do

Leave a comment:

• zakrzep
    replied
    I have attempted to upgrade to the latest version again 4.2.5.0. I removed the "Automation" skill and only have the "Alexa Smart Home Skill Integration" . I removed all of my devices and rediscovered them.

According to the notes for the skill https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...ll+Integration. I should be able to control devices without saying the floor and room.

After device discovery is complete, you should be able to control any discovered device by using any combination of its name and location. For example, if the discovered device is First Floor Living Room Candle Lights, the following commands should work:

"Alexa, turn on the Candle Lights"
    "Alexa, turn on the Living Room Candle Lights"
    "Alexa, turn on the First Floor Living Room Candle Lights"

However, that is not the case. The only devices showing in Alexa have the entire floor and room unless I put a specific voice command in the device, I have to say the entire floor and room along with the device name.

Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• zakrzep
    replied
    Thank Rupp. I was able to get it to work by enabling the voice option and adding adding the voice command to the event. However, devices still do not work unless I do the same thing. I have to add the voice command for it to work. Will not just recognize the device by name.

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by zakrzep View Post
    I always had both skills installed. If I just keep the “Homeseer smart home”, will I still be able to run events with this skill?
    Yes you can. You state Alexa run 'event voice command' ie Alexa run shut blinds.

Leave a comment:

• bobsilver1
    replied
    I am having the same issue with Alexa since the update. I added and enabled the Alexa Homeseer Smart Home skill and that did nothing. I am unable to get Alexa to control my Zwave devices (its primarily what HS interfaces with Alexa for me) . Where can I download the 4.1.16 version so I can roll it back. Everything had been working fine prior to this update.

Leave a comment:

• zakrzep
    replied
    I always had both skills installed. If I just keep the “Homeseer smart home”, will I still be able to run events with this skill?

Leave a comment:

• Jez
    replied
    Originally posted by phillb View Post

I have now installed the “HomeSeer smart home” skill all appears tickety boo thanks spud. I have taken the opportunity to sort a load of stuff out lol
    Glad to say that I’ve also upgraded to the “Homeseer smart home” skill and I’m able to control my devices with .17. Thanks for the troubleshooting and solution Spud and all others.

Leave a comment:

• phillb
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post

The skill you want is https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...ll+Integration
    Not sure if it is available in the UK though, please tell me.
    I have now installed the “HomeSeer smart home” skill all appears tickety boo thanks spud. I have taken the opportunity to sort a load of stuff out lol

Leave a comment:

• rschein
    replied
    It appears there are two different passwords. I set the Myhs password and then alexa would not link. Alex logs into RemoteHS. I did a forgot password-1 on that (set to the same) and ta-da. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• avpman
    replied
    Originally posted by Jez View Post

.. a different Smarthome skill available now.
    Hi, what is it?

Leave a comment:

• Jez
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    I'm trying to investigate the Alexa issues that happen specifically with HS 4.1.17.0
    If you have some problems with Alexa with other versions please open new threads
    Jez,
    zakrzep
    can you tell me if you are using the HomeSeer Home Automation Skill (i.e tell HomeSeer) or the HomeSeer SmartHome Skill ?
    I'm using the Homeseer skill but it looks like there is a different Smarthome skill available now. I’ll give it a try with .17
    Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• rschein
    replied
    Saw the same thing start yesterday after support (working on another problem) "did something" they looked into computer and after that alexa cannot contact devices.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by phillb View Post
    Thanks so much for your quick response happy to try the new skill what’s its name is it HomeSeer smart home and does it work in the UK. But also happy to wait for next release
    The skill you want is https://docs.homeseer.com/display/HS...ll+Integration
    Not sure if it is available in the UK though, please tell me.

Leave a comment:

• phillb
    replied
    Thanks so much for your quick response happy to try the new skill what’s its name is it HomeSeer smart home and does it work in the UK. But also happy to wait for next release

Leave a comment:

Working...
X