Cannot connect - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect - Solved!

Anyone having trouble connecting to HS4 from Alexa this evening? I just updated to HS 4.2.14.0 and can no longer connect, don't know if upgrade is the cause.
    tenholde

Yes, I am having exact same thing. Alexa with Homeseer worked for a long time just fine. Says “server un-responsive”. I haven’t made any changes to HS4 for weeks.

I am on 4.2.14.0. Have rebooted. See no errors in Homeseer log. Unlinked and re-linked Alexa account. Also tried to discover new devices and it finds none.

I believe my Alexa problem started around 3 days ago.

Comment

Amazon is making changes. When this happens the best troubleshooting step is to disable voice commands on all devices and events and enable only one on/off device and test. If this works start adding a few devices at a time.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Same thing happened to me four days ago. Alexa stopped being able to control HomeSeer and trying to control HomeSeer devices in the Alexa app got a "server un-responsive" error.

Hopefully things will sort themselves out with that soon.

Just a heads up, though: while the "HomeSeer" skill seems to be broken (or, at least, Alexa direct device control of HomeSeer devices seems to be broken), the other HomeSeer skill "HomeSeer Home Automation Skill" skill does seem to still work for me.

I have to preface everything with "Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on X" instead of just saying "Alexa, turn on X" but there are certainly some things that are easier with voice control, and this might be a stopgap solution for folks in the meantime, if you haven't tried it.

Comment

I'm having the same issue, Alexa can't find any new devices and on old devices I'm getting "Server un-responsive"

Comment

Some good news ... after working for years, about a week ago started getting "Server is unresponsive".
            HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.548 OMNI, X10 and Zwave.

Today I disabled the skill and started fresh. It imported devices with super long names, had to do a LOT of editing in Alexa App to clean up ...
            BUT it is working again!!

They added a bunch of stuff like GROUPS to the interface. Some of my lights show up now as "switches".

Comment

Same here. Disabling and re-enabling the Skill fixes the issue. (Or in my case, I disabled the "Homeseer" Skill - tried to re-enable it - was told it was no longer available - did a search for "HomeSeer" - found a new Skill called "HomeSeer SmartHome" - enabled that - and that fixed things.)

Like teagledb, I needed to clean up all the names of my devices and delete the ones I didn't want voice control for, but I had to do that the first time I set it up, too.

In addition to Groups, it also looks like Alexa has some new demands around Locks (it requires you to add a 4 digit code if you want to control them via Voice Command).

But the good news is that there is a fix, it works, and it is fairly straight-forward.

Thank you, teagledb! Your post totally helped me.

Comment

Working...
              X