No announcement yet.

Error after hs3 beta update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try shutting down HS and leave it off for a few minutes. For some reason, the server has an older HS version of your system and its not overwriting that. If its still not working, PM me your system license ID so I can check the server DB.

Originally posted by MStan View Post
    Did all of above when i issue a HS command to the echo it responds with

Yout hs3 system needs to be updated with version 3.0.0.239 or later to use this feature of your echo.

And it is.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
      Try shutting down HS and leave it off for a few minutes. For some reason, the server has an older HS version of your system and its not overwriting that. If its still not working, PM me your system license ID so I can check the server DB.
      Still no luck

Comment

On your network settings, make sure:

1. 'Enable Server for Remote Access' has been checked.

2. 'Enable remote access through MyHomeSeer service' has been checked.

3. 'Enable control using JSON' has been checked.
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
          On your network settings, make sure:

1. 'Enable Server for Remote Access' has been checked.

2. 'Enable remote access through MyHomeSeer service' has been checked.

3. 'Enable control using JSON' has been checked.
          All is checked

Comment

Some Success...

Upgraded to 239, checked Voice Command, I can tell Homeseer to "turn on the Light", and it works fine. However, when I rename the device and tell Homeseer to "turn on the Test Light", it tells me the device can not be found. The odd thing is, if I check the box for "confirm" it asks me to confirm the command so it looks like it is at least finding some options for that device.

Gary

Comment

I'm suspecting that the echo is not interpreting 'test' correctly.

Check your logs to see if the phrase is in there to find out what the echo sent..
              Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
                I'm suspecting that the echo is not interpreting 'test' correctly.

Check your logs to see if the phrase is in there to find out what the echo sent..
                Good point! The HS3 log shows only:
                Feb-12 05:23:37 PM TTS Speak (json:
                with nothing after the colon. However, I went into the Settings, History on my iPad Echo app and there it show the command it picked up was "turn on the Kitchen Light". I have no idea why it substituted Kitchen for Test, but in my case at least, it seems to still want its reserved words. Let me know if you have any other ideas.

Gary

Comment

Unfortunately, we had to include three phrases in our skill in order to pass certification, one of which is 'turn on the kitchen light'

I'm betting it couldn't figure out the word 'test', so it defaulted to that phrase as it was the closest thing it had.

If you enunciate really well, you should get it to recognize the word 'test'.
                  Wade

Comment

Ok, at this point, so you know, my HS3 system only has 2 devices, the x10 Test Light and another to hold a system path. I found I can give Alexa the location (Office) and it will work. Or floor and location will work. I have tried enunciation with different pace and it seems it is consistent using Kitchen instead of Test, whenever I do not specify location.

If it cant find the device, how did it know I wanted it to confirm the command?

Gary
                    Last edited by Kbevo; February 13, 2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

It checks for confirmation requirements prior to checking for the device.
                      Wade

Comment

So far, after installing the hs3 beta update, disabling and re-enabling the skill, and checking the voice command box in device management, I still cannot get past the sticking point that kept me from using the skill in the first place: my echo does not understand what I'm saying, most frustratingly the word "homeseer".

The command I'm trying to use is "Alexa, tell homeseer to turn off the deck cans". Deck cans is the device name.

So far the Alexa app reports that she has heard me say "tell ancira to turn off the deck"; "tell her to turn off of the day"; "tell homeseer to turn off the deck cancel"; "tell ancira to turn off the deck candles"; "tell homeseer to turn off the deck cantiones"; "tell home theater to turn off the deck cancel". I mean, I don't know who ancira is or what cantiones are....but that's what Alexa hears.

I'm happy that you guys are working on this, I'm just reporting my experience. I don't seem to have problems with the echo understanding what I'm saying in any other situation.

Comment

Instead of using our skill, you can make your own and link it through our system.

That way, you can make the 'invocation word' anything you want.

I have a secondary test skill that is separate from our production one.

For that I use the invocation word 'Homer' instead (I thought it was a nice nickname)

There is information here on the threads on how to do just that.
                          Wade

Comment

Working...
                          X