Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Upgrade for HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you. I do appreciate your reply. I appreciate the accuracy however it's just a little too precise for me. 😊

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    I am indeed setting the thermostat value to include a decimal point ( I like being precise)

I think you are the first person to take issue with it, but I will bring it up to Rich on Monday to see what he thinks of it.

Comment

• What thermostats are capable of being set in .1 degree increments. Mine (Trane) is certainly not.

Steve Q
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
        What thermostats are capable of being set in .1 degree increments. Mine (Trane) is certainly not.

Steve Q
        For whatever reason StelPro thermostats can be. I think it's a Canadian or Euro thing as StelPro is a Canadian company. But they make a great Z-Wave thermostat for Baseboard heaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
          What thermostats are capable of being set in .1 degree increments. Mine (Trane) is certainly not.

Steve Q
          Oh, where oh where to leave this reply? Here on a year-old thread, where it's very apropos, or on a new thread? Maybe I'll do both.

{ahem} This is still a problem with my Alexa + Insteon Thermostat. I say "Alexa, raise the temperature one degree" and I'll get "First Floor Hall Thermostat 1 is set to 73.4 degrees." (That name is another issue...) I would be sanguine about this, were it not for the fact that sometimes it's not set to 73 or 74, as one might think, but 72 or 71 or whatever is 1 degree higher than the previous setting. Basically she carries out the command correctly, but her confirmation is off. Back when she didn't say the decimals, she was pretty accurate. (How ironic - "precision" leads to inaccuracy!)

Anyone got a fix? Insteon? HomeSeer? Amazon? Buehler? Buehler???

Jim Speiser
          30-year veteran of Home Automation
          Still don't know squat

Comment

• So this is the first seeing this post. I’m under the impression HS can use the Amazon Dots or whatever as HS Voice Control units natively not needing connected to the Amazon Cloud. Yes?

Comment

• Originally posted by tome10 View Post
              So this is the first seeing this post. I’m under the impression HS can use the Amazon Dots or whatever as HS Voice Control units natively not needing connected to the Amazon Cloud. Yes?
              No, all Alexa voice control is messaged from HS3 to Amazon and back.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

• Lol how’d I get that so wrong.. Comprehension, who needs it!

Comment

• macromark RJS Is there any particular reason this skill cannot be enabled for Canada? I'm only getting the runaround from your help desk.
                  Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Working...
                  X