Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Upgrade for HomeSeer Amazon Echo Skill!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ewkearns
    replied
    Admittedly, this discussion is far above my pay grade, but some quick scanning suggests to me that Amazon offers a free API that will handle TTS and STT. I only know enough to get myself in trouble, but this really looks doable and doable without resorting to 3rd party kludges. What am I missing?

Leave a comment:

• jon00
    replied
    Originally posted by Ltek View Post
    macromark
    RJS

Are you going to ever add features your customers want, like TTS (HS sends text to Alexa to speak)?
    Ignoring customers long-standing feature requests is driving us away. HS4 does not show signs of solving any gaps your customers have asked for, for years. Requiring us to use Hubitat and Node Red for these things will only make us want to switch platforms completely

I suspect this will go unanswered or some short BS non-answer like it usually does, just proving my point further and the lack of caring and/or courage of the HST team.
    You may wish to read this thread as to the probable reasons why:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-hs-not-do-it

Also I feel sorry for RJS who has absolutely nothing to do with the HST team. Your pointer should be RJH

Leave a comment:

• Ltek
    replied
    macromark
    RJS

Are you going to ever add features your customers want, like TTS (HS sends text to Alexa to speak)?
    Ignoring customers long-standing feature requests is driving us away. HS4 does not show signs of solving any gaps your customers have asked for, for years. Requiring us to use Hubitat and Node Red for these things will only make us want to switch platforms completely

I suspect this will go unanswered or some short BS non-answer like it usually does, just proving my point further and the lack of caring and/or courage of the HST team.

Leave a comment:

• Wadenut
    replied
    macromark RJS Is there any particular reason this skill cannot be enabled for Canada? I'm only getting the runaround from your help desk.

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    Lol how’d I get that so wrong.. Comprehension, who needs it!

Leave a comment:

• Rupp
    replied
    Originally posted by tome10 View Post
    So this is the first seeing this post. I’m under the impression HS can use the Amazon Dots or whatever as HS Voice Control units natively not needing connected to the Amazon Cloud. Yes?
    No, all Alexa voice control is messaged from HS3 to Amazon and back.

Leave a comment:

• tome10
    replied
    So this is the first seeing this post. I’m under the impression HS can use the Amazon Dots or whatever as HS Voice Control units natively not needing connected to the Amazon Cloud. Yes?

Leave a comment:

• JimSpy
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    What thermostats are capable of being set in .1 degree increments. Mine (Trane) is certainly not.

Steve Q
    Oh, where oh where to leave this reply? Here on a year-old thread, where it's very apropos, or on a new thread? Maybe I'll do both.

{ahem} This is still a problem with my Alexa + Insteon Thermostat. I say "Alexa, raise the temperature one degree" and I'll get "First Floor Hall Thermostat 1 is set to 73.4 degrees." (That name is another issue...) I would be sanguine about this, were it not for the fact that sometimes it's not set to 73 or 74, as one might think, but 72 or 71 or whatever is 1 degree higher than the previous setting. Basically she carries out the command correctly, but her confirmation is off. Back when she didn't say the decimals, she was pretty accurate. (How ironic - "precision" leads to inaccuracy!)

Anyone got a fix? Insteon? HomeSeer? Amazon? Buehler? Buehler???

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Q View Post
    What thermostats are capable of being set in .1 degree increments. Mine (Trane) is certainly not.

Steve Q
    For whatever reason StelPro thermostats can be. I think it's a Canadian or Euro thing as StelPro is a Canadian company. But they make a great Z-Wave thermostat for Baseboard heaters.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Q
    replied

Steve Q

Leave a comment:

• rotunnoe
    replied
    Thank you. I do appreciate your reply. I appreciate the accuracy however it's just a little too precise for me. 😊

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    I am indeed setting the thermostat value to include a decimal point ( I like being precise)

I think you are the first person to take issue with it, but I will bring it up to Rich on Monday to see what he thinks of it.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I am indeed setting the thermostat value to include a decimal point ( I like being precise)

I think you are the first person to take issue with it, but I will bring it up to Rich on Monday to see what he thinks of it.

Leave a comment:

• rotunnoe
    replied
    Thermostat temperature reporting.

I know that this is an old thread but I thought I would give it a try. Before the Homeseer skill upgrade, when I would ask Alexa to change the temperature, she would report that the temperature was changed using no decimal places. i.e: "The thermostat is set to 73 degrees." After the skill upgrade, Alexa now reports my temperature at 1 decimal place. i.e "The thermostat is set to 73.4 degrees." Is this happening to anyone else and if so, how do you correct it?

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    The smart groups are an Amazon construct.

They just send us a list of devices to control..., other than that we have no interaction with them.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    The "tell homeseer to open/close the garage door" works just fine for me.

What is NOT working are "Smart Groups". Anyone else got smart groups to work?

I went through this in other postings the other day but still no change from either side (Amazon or Homeseer)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X