Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I loaded up HS3.0.0.280 and ran a couple tests. It now appears to correctly recognize the full numeric request like "seventy three" as 73.

Thanks!
    Nathan

Code:
    Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	Info	Heard: set pump cooling to seventy three degrees
    Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	ASR	Device voice command: set pump cooling to seventy three degrees
    Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	TTS	Speak (json:):OK, I will set pump cooling to seventy three degrees
    Apr-14 3:53:48 PM	 	Insteon Thermostat	SetCoolSetpoint: pump Cool SetPoint = 73

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Thank you sir!

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I have isolated the issue.

The fix will be in the next beta.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    Is that plugin version available anywhere?

Even though I don't have a thermostat, I was able to get the current plugin to run, but it didn't have the range status pairs set up for a control.

I want to get as close to your setup as I can when I run my scenarios.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Here's a followup run with that same system were I used the Echo Skill: "Alexa tell Homeseer to set cooling to 78 degrees" Notice that the CAPI value comes in as 70 not 78. Also see the two ASR lines and the two CAPI calls instead of only one as expected. This is what I posted in that other thread about dual ASR lines.

This is using HS3.0.0.258 and my plugin v3.0.5.1 which is available as an "updater override" install. I have a sticky thread over in my forum about that. it's not actually necessary to update the plugin beyond the current public release (3.0.4.5) as most changes can be made manually to the HS3 devices for testing purposes.

Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Info Heard: set cooling to seventy eight degrees
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to seventy eight degrees
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to seventy eight degrees
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMult called - CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set cooling to seventy eight degrees
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat CAPI [623] [81] [70] [1] [1] [0] [2] [] [70]
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [70]
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: pump Cool SetPoint = 70
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMult called - CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat CAPI [623] [81] [70] [1] [1] [0] [2] [] [70]
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [70]
    Apr-04 3:47:52 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: Current and requested cool set points match. No change required.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Yes, the SetIOMulti is ready to handle values passed in as well as those + and - buttons you see (those do single step up/down). With the additional work I did over the weekend I ended up switching to drop downs for the setpoints which show the exact number and allows easy/arbitrary values to be picked. Below is an example where I used the Cool Setpoint dropdown to set it to 76 degrees. You can see the single call to SetIOMulti and CAPI value come in as [76]. Attached is a screenshot of what it it looks like after.

4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ SetIOMult called - CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
    4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ CAPI [623] [0] [76] [0] [0] [0] [6] [] [(value)]
    4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [76]
    4/4/2016 3:35:08 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ SetCoolSetpoint: pump Cool SetPoint = 76
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I did some testing with the Insteon plugin.

I'm not sure if just changing the range status pair from just status to both will work, as the value needs to be processed in the SetIOMulti function of the plugin.

Do you know if the values of the range status pairs will be handled by the SetIOMulti function?

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    I don't have an Insteon Thermostat to test with, so I'm going to ask questions that might sound silly.

When you adjust the Heat Point setting with the slider I see in the image, at what increment does it change?

One degree? Two degrees? Ten degrees?

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I did a bit more testing. I can see the calls come in via a plugins SetIOMulti so I added a quick log of the CAPI structure coming in. It appears when I say "Alexa tell homeseer to set cooling to eighty eight degrees" that only 80 is actually passed in.

The log below is in descending order:

Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Info Heard: set cooling to eighty eight degrees
    Apr-03 10:01:42 AM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to eighty eight degrees
    Apr-03 10:01:42 AM ASR Device voice command: set cooling to eighty eight degrees
    Apr-03 10:01:42 AM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set cooling to eighty eight degrees
    Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Insteon Thermostat CAPI [CC.Ref] [Idx] [Val] [Row] [Col] [Span] [Type] [String] [Label]
    Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Insteon Thermostat [589] [91] [80] [1] [1] [0] [2] [] [80]
    Apr-03 10:01:42 AM Insteon Thermostat SetIOMulti: [pump Cool] value [80]

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    That was my first thought as well. If I bounded the end of the numeric phrase with degrees then I hoped it would get it correct. Below is what I just ran which shows the same issue. The five appears to get dropped from the numeric conversion?

Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: Current and requested heat set points match. No change required.
    Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump1 set heat setpoint to 50 Current heat setpoint = 50 Current cool setpoint = 71
    Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump1 Heat SetPoint = 50
    Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump1 set heat setpoint to 50 Current heat setpoint = 62 Current cool setpoint = 71
    Apr-02 11:15:27 AM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set heating to fifty five degrees
    Apr-02 11:15:27 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating to fifty five degrees
    Apr-02 11:15:27 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating to fifty five degrees
    Apr-02 11:15:27 AM Info Heard: set heating to fifty five degrees

Please also note the double "ASR" lines and double calls to my plugin for a single Alexa request. I posted this "double ASR" question in a separate thread earlier
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=180777

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    Try saying"

'Alexa tell homeseer to set the heating to 55 degrees'

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
    I don't see any controls where you would specifically set the temperature.

All I see are two buttons with '+' and '-'.
    I'm testing my Insteon Thermostat plugin with my shiny new Echo (had been on backorder a few weeks) using the Skill method and HS3.0.0.258. I haven't tried the API yet.

After some trial and error I'm able to slightly rename the devices to unique enough values that I can reliably get status from all of them (Alexa tell homeseer to get status of Temperature). I can also send commands to those with text based command buttons (Alexa tell homeseer to set Mode to Auto).

Next I had to look at the heat and cool setpoints. In addition to turning on the voice control checkbox, I also had to go to the status graphics page and change the Status-Control for the range from status (i.e. was status only previously) to both (now the range can be controlled directly). I selected a slider as the Control Type. Maybe a text box would be better but thought I read here somewhere that text box controls may not be supported yet? I did also attempt to set the Control Use dropdown to "Cool Setpoint" or "Heat Setpoint" but that value doesn't appear to stick and just resets to "Not Specified". I'm ignoring that last fact for now.

I am now able to say (Alexa tell homeseer to set Heating as 55) and the excerpt from the log is below. It appears the "fifty" is being parsed to "50" but the second numerical word is being discarded? So I can change my cooling and heating setpoints to values like 50,60,70,80,90 but not to the exact value I'm looking for like 55. Any ideas?

Apr-01 11:18:02 AM Info Heard: set heating fifty five
    Apr-01 11:18:02 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating fifty five
    Apr-01 11:18:02 AM ASR Device voice command: set heating fifty five
    Apr-01 11:18:02 AM TTS Speak (json:OK, I will set heating fifty five
    Apr-01 11:18:02 AM Insteon Thermostat SetHeatSetpoint: HeatPump set heat setpoint to 50 Current heat setpoint = 60 Current cool setpoint = 80
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    Textbox inputs are not something we have a solution for as yet.

My suggestion would be to make a virtual device with a range from 50 to 90.

Once you've created it, get the ref ID of the device for use later on.

Then set up a script (or script command) that sets your heat set point to the value of the device you just created.

The code should be something like 'hs.setdevicevalue({your textbox device's refID},hs.devicevalue({your droplist device's refID}))'

eg: hs.setdevicevalue(1109,hs.devicevalue(1435))

Last, set up an event that runs the script whenever the device you created has it's value changed.

In summary:
    You tell the echo to change the value of the device with the droplist.
    The event sees the change and runs the script.
    The script changes the value of the heat set point to match the value of the device with the drop list.

Leave a comment:

• Rotech
    replied
    here you go...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Shultz
    replied
    Could you post a screen shot?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X