Voice Recognition Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Voice Recognition Logic

I have spent weeks adding specific Recognized Phrases to events so that voice recognition on my HS3 system will become more reliable. Between the Echo not always interpreting and users not saying the exact phrase required, I am finding that my family is not using voice to trigger the Homeseer any longer. They have reverted back to HStouch or wall switches which are more reliable and consistent.

Example - to voice trigger my Retire Mode Event (i.e. all lights off, night lights on, stereo & TV off and security on), you need to say "Alexa, tell homeseer to..."

Event Recognized Phrases (9):
    "Activate the Retire Mode", "Activate Retire Mode", "Activate Retire"
    "Set the Retire Mode", "Set Retire Mode", "Set Retire"
    "Enable the Retire Mode", "Enable Retire Mode", "Enable Retire"

This could all be handled with a single recognized phrase using logic with "[]" optional "()" required and "|" for an or statement.

Event Recognized Phrase (1):
    "(Activate|Set|Enable) [the] (Retire) [mode] ... or something similar

It gets even more extensive when you have events that control devices (i.e. TV & Sonos). I have a "Family TV ON" event that has 18 recognized phrases!

Question 1 - Since the previous HS2 version VR Logic was in large part a Microsoft implemented function, will we ever see Voice Recognition Logic in place with HS3 events when using Amazon Echo?

Question 2 - Are there any other plugin options?

I truly want to make HS3 voice recognition through Echo a natural feature that people feel comfortable to use, but the task of adding multiple recognized phrases every time Alexa responds "that device was not found" is not only frustrating but seems to be an endless task.

All the best,

Doug
Working...
X