Skill not aware of devices you do not have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skill not aware of devices you do not have

While testing my devices, I attempted to turn on the coat closet light. Alexa interpreted that as "code closet light" and replied:

"OK, I will turn on the code closet light"

I don't have a code closet, so of course, nothing happened. I tested this with some other device names I do NOT have, such as Barn Light, Street Light, etc. and each time, Alexa responded that she turned on/off that light successfully.

Shouldn't she respond differently if she couldn't find the device she thought I said? Otherwise one might never know if an action actually took place, especially if they're not within viewing distance of that device.

I also noticed that if I have "Voice Command" unchecked in HS3, when I tell her to turn on the coat closet light, she replies as if she did, but of course, it never turned on. I think she should also reply as if she couldn't find the device in that situation.

I'm having difficulty replicating the issue you're describing.

Any chance you could send me your .hsd ?

That's the database for your HS3 system.

That way I have the data you do to test with.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Shultz View Post
      I'm having difficulty replicating the issue you're describing.
      I finally figured out what's going on, it was my bad. I have a couple virtual devices named "Light" and "Lights", that currently do nothing but prevent a real device from getting named "Light" or "Lights" during the lighting API device discovery process. Those were getting flipped anytime I would speak of a non existent room light (which I would expect).

I'll remove those once I finish getting all the devices setup and tested, and it should work properly.

Comment

Working...
      X