Is the skill broken.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the skill broken.

Was working fairly well although I could never get events to work but at least could control my devices. Now won't even recognize tellhomeseer. I don't see any answers here. Could someone please post an update.

What version are you on? If it's 208 like in your signature you need to update.
    Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Current Date/Time: 3/25/2016 6:55:25 PM
      HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.258
      Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
      System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 36 Minutes 20 Seconds
      IP Address: 192.168.1.202
      Number of Devices: 335
      Number of Events: 117

Enabled Plug-Ins
      2.0.29.0: BLDenon
      2.0.25.0: BLLAN
      2.0.6.0: BLPlugins
      2.0.118.0: BLRadar
      2.0.85.0: BLRF
      1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
      2.0.44.0: BLSpeech
      3.0.0.22: EasyTrigger
      3.0.0.91: HSTouch Server
      3.0.5857.37252: UltraGCIR3
      3.0.0.46: weatherXML
      3.0.0.36: X10
      3.0.0.37: XBMC
      3.0.1.55: Z-Wave

Comment

Update skill working

I disabled the skill and left it that way for several hours. Just restarted the skill and it is now working. I still have no discovery with the api. I tried this before and it didn't work. I have no Idea what I did differently.
        Current Date/Time: 3/25/2016 7:08:14 PM
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.258
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
        System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 49 Minutes 9 Seconds
        IP Address: 192.168.1.202
        Number of Devices: 335
        Number of Events: 117

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.29.0: BLDenon
        2.0.25.0: BLLAN
        2.0.6.0: BLPlugins
        2.0.118.0: BLRadar
        2.0.85.0: BLRF
        1.0.3.0: BLShutdown
        2.0.44.0: BLSpeech
        3.0.0.22: EasyTrigger
        3.0.0.91: HSTouch Server
        3.0.5857.37252: UltraGCIR3
        3.0.0.46: weatherXML
        3.0.0.36: X10
        3.0.0.37: XBMC
        3.0.1.55: Z-Wave

Comment

Echo Dot not finding devices

OK I've been working on this for 6 to 7 hours. I currently have two homes both running Homeseer on windows 7.
          One home I have fully automated everything using the Amazon echo. It was flawless and hook up an amazing simple task. Now the problem is the second home after studying everything in talking to Amazon I set up a new Amazon echo Dot under a completely different user and password. I set up my HS to where it would go in under the skill set and only find the particular home but I wanted to enable everything Alexa will not find the devices.
          I have totally cleared HS3 off my computer reinstalled put everything back on disable the skill set reenable the skill set. I have done virtually everything. I am taking and change the Wi-Fi name to make sure Amazon was on the same Wi-Fi however the Homeseer Machine is running hardwired to the router I looked at the set up and everything is exactly like the other house that works perfectly but this one she will not find the devices. I spoke to Amazon and work with them for a couple hours and they said I would have to call Homeseer and speak to someone that knows Amazon echo to take a look at this

Comment

Since you said your having the echo look for devices, that indicates that your using the API, rather then the skill.

So, in this order:

1. Make sure you have a myHS user that is dedicated to the HS3 system. (If you're a subscriber, you can add a second user and license and set them up there.

To test if this is true, you would log in through myHS to the system. If you go directly to the system, you should be good.

2.Make sure the devices you wish to be discovered have at least one status pair with a control use of on/off or dim, and the checkbox for voice enabled is checked.

3. Set up a second Amazon account for the second echo, and tie the echo to it.

4. Use the link from the forums (I'm not sure exactly where in here it is) to access the login page for the API.(not the skill)

Use the myHS username and password to tie the amazon account to the HS3 system.

That should be all you need. After that you should be able to ask the echo to discover your devices.
            Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

Working...
            X