Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Skill not available for UK Amazon accounts?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
    My mistake earlier, ensure you change the word 'control' to your event group name.

PS, thanks for the email!

Jon, thanks.

Should this include the %20 for spaces.

So replace "control"

With Kitchen%20fan%20on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Steve

Comment

No, if you go to your event page, you should have them assigned in group names. Change 'control' to the group name where the event 'Kitchen fan on' is stored. You still need to use %20 for any space in the event group and/or event name.
      Jon

Comment

Originally posted by jon00 View Post
        No, if you go to your event page, you should have them assigned in group names. Change 'control' to the group name where the event 'Kitchen fan on' is stored. You still need to use %20 for any space in the event group and/or event name.
        Jon,

Thanks

Added this i the URL box and tried it in the browser,

Still no joy,

http://192.168.0.32:96/JSON
        request=runevent&group=Fan%20control&name=Kitchen%20fan%20On

Thoughts?
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Stevieboy View Post
          Jon,

Thanks

Still no joy,

Thoughts?
          If your Group is Fan and your Device is Kitchen Fan then I beleive it should look like this:

request=runevent&group=Fan&name=Kitchen%20fan%20On

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
            If your Group is Fan and your Device is Kitchen Fan then I beleive it should look like this:

request=runevent&group=Fan&name=Kitchen%20fan%20On
            Thanks,

Event group name is Fan control. The event is Kitchen fan On.

Does that help?
            Steve

Comment

Jon,

Thanks

Still no joy,

Thoughts?
              You don't have a question mark after JSON like you should

Comment

Thanks,

Event group name is Fan control. The event is Kitchen fan On.

Does that help?
                SO I think it should be :

Code:
                http://192.168.0.32:96/JSON?request=runevent&group=Fan%20control&name=Kitchen%20fan%20On

Comment

Originally posted by Simonk View Post
                  SO I think it should be :

Code:
                  http://192.168.0.32:96/JSON?request=runevent&group=Fan%20control&name=Kitchen%20fan%20On
                  Perfect! thank you, that did the trick.

Amazing what a fresh pair of eyes and some technical know how can achieve.

Much appreciated
                  Steve

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Another Dissapointed UK Customer

Add me to the list of UK based customers that bought Amazon dot waiting to use it with Homeseer & found that is did not work.

Any update as to when it will be available?

Comment

IFTTT is now available to link an Echo in the UK, so you can easily set up apps to send emails.
                        You could then set up events in HS to respond to emails.
                        That way you can control HS from your Echo without using a HS skill.

Comment

Originally posted by IanIreland View Post
                          IFTTT is now available to link an Echo in the UK, so you can easily set up apps to send emails.
                          You could then set up events in HS to respond to emails.
                          That way you can control HS from your Echo without using a HS skill.
                          Indeed it apparently is, however, do not get too excited yet about it working with HS.
                          sigpic
                          A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Originally posted by Paul.Giles View Post
                            Add me to the list of UK based customers that bought Amazon dot waiting to use it with Homeseer & found that is did not work.

Any update as to when it will be available?
                            I, too, am on the list. In fact it was one of the only reasons I bought the echo. I suppose I should have researched more, but the main page said supported so I assumed it would just work.

Currently I am very happy using THIS method though. In fact I don't even need the skill since this does everything needed.
                            Before that I was using the long custom skill, so had to do "alexa, tell computer to x" which was still good enough.

Comment

I tried the workaround approach which worked - but I found it frustrating trying to remember the exact phrase. Even setting up custom events with friendly phrases was very hit and miss.
                              I remain sceptical of the security around myhs as well and couldn't find anything to reassure me that it's been written securely and i doubt it's been application pen tested -

so on that basis I've disabled everything now and use the dot as an internet radio.

Comment

Originally posted by ecuboss View Post
                                I tried the workaround approach which worked - but I found it frustrating trying to remember the exact phrase. Even setting up custom events with friendly phrases was very hit and miss.
                                I remain sceptical of the security around myhs as well and couldn't find anything to reassure me that it's been written securely and i doubt it's been application pen tested -

so on that basis I've disabled everything now and use the dot as an internet radio.
                                You should have a look at HA Bridge - not too tricky to set up, avoids MyHS and works!

Comment

Working...
                                X