Using Echo to query devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Echo to query devices

I'm currently on the 30-day trial for HS3 to test out how it links to my Echo and just overall how it works.

My question here is related to how I can query a device. What I'd like to be able to do is say "Alexa, is the garage door open?" or "Alexa, is the front door locked?" In the short term I'd like something like "Alexa, what is the temperature in X's room?" (assuming I have an Aeotec MultiSensor in there.

Is anything like that possible? I'm assuming anything's possible with Homeseer, so the question would be, how would I do that?

If I had to do "Alexa, ask Homeseer is the garage door open" that wouldn't be the end of the world, but obviously less ideal.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to ask "Alexa, is the house ready for bed" and have it automatically check garage doors closed, doors closed and locked, windows closed, etc.

Yes I guess this could be done with the script found here

Greig.
    Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
    X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
    Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
    Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
    Scripts =
    Various

Comment

I use this helper script and can query devices such as T-stat (temp, set points, humidity), temp sensors, garage doors and I even have it to read Environment Canada weather forecasts etc. Works very well..

Robert
      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

If you know the name of the HS device, you can say:
        :"Alexa, ask HomeSeer for the status of the [device]"

So for example:

"Alexa, ask HomeSeer for the status of the garage door"

"Alexa, ask HomeSeer for the status of the front door"

"Alexa, ask HomeSeer for the status of the temperature in X's room"
        (assuming you have a device called temperature for that room)
        Wade

"I know nothing... nothing!"

Comment

For myself, I have a trigger called "Home Comfort" which basically runs through what the stat is set to, what it's reading, then it goes though and reports all the temp sensors I care to know about.
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Working...
          X