Light color command

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light color command

Is there a way to send color changing commands with HomeSeer?
    I tested this at an Amazon Store with Philips as well as other Wi-Fi RGBW light bulbs, where a command like "Alexa, set the desk lamp to blue" and it changes the color.
    I'm using a Z-Wave Plus RGBW lamp that I can tuirn on/off/dim through HomeSeer but colors do not work. HomeSeer manages each color channel individually. Trying to use HS3Touch works, although it's very clumsy (without any customizations). Also tried ImperiHome and for the most part it works with a simple color wheel, so HomeSeer can do it and my setup should be ready, but I don't see how the Alexa Skill can do this.

Actually wondering the same thing. No colour hue bulbs show as colour compatible via jowiehue. Maybe a setting I missed.

Comment

In the past I've created a Virtual Device with buttons for the colors I wanted triggering Events and then had Alexa control that device.

Comment

Originally posted by bjhampe View Post
        In the past I've created a Virtual Device with buttons for the colors I wanted triggering Events and then had Alexa control that device.
        That might be a workaround, but not a solution though. As Alexa sends the color command im not sure if its the homeseer app that doesnt recognize or jowihue that problem lay at

Comment

Working...
        X