Control Fibaro RGB modules ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Fibaro RGB modules ?

I recently installed a Fibaro RGBW module to control a LED light strip. I have created various scenes to set colours. Each of these have a voice command attached. But I vaguely remember, there might be an option to set the colour with a command ? Or was that just for Hue lights ?

Should work for any device that has a control that is setup up for the control/use pair of colour control. I've done it with my own plugin (so afraid don't know what the Z-wave does) and in the Alexa app it should show with a colour palette if the device is supported - I would check on the app first.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
      Should work for any device that has a control that is setup up for the control/use pair of colour control. I've done it with my own plugin (so afraid don't know what the Z-wave does) and in the Alexa app it should show with a colour palette if the device is supported - I would check on the app first.
      What PI are you using for RGB ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post

What PI are you using for RGB ?
        The yeelight plugin for the yeelight brand of bulbs..I got the devices working to accept an Alexa command to change the colour. The Alexa service sets the device string to a hex value which I then send to the bulb.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post

The yeelight plugin for the yeelight brand of bulbs..I got the devices working to accept an Alexa command to change the colour. The Alexa service sets the device string to a hex value which I then send to the bulb.
          The Fibaro module also accepts a hex value for a custom colour, so that might be worth a try. Are you using Jon00's Alexa helper to set the hex string ?

Comment

The way I understand it is that when you ask Alexa to change the colour of a light then it will match that to a hex value (whether this is a match inside HS or in Amazon I am not sure). If you have a device that is set to the type ColorControl then that device will be update with the hex value from Alexa. It is up to the plugin to then handle this and send the correct commands to a device, as I say I do it in my own plugin and I imagine Z-Wave does the same but it might be worth checking the child devices to see which one is set to ColorControl and then check that the Alexa app lets you control the colour of the device. If those work then it should let you do it by speech.

Comment

I am not sure how to change colour on my Fibaro RGBW. I have enabled all the devices created for voice. Alexa only discovered 5 multi level switches. I am not sure it is possible ? The Multi level switch is recognised as type 'other' in the Alexa app

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                I am not sure how to change colour on my Fibaro RGBW. I have enabled all the devices created for voice. Alexa only discovered 5 multi level switches. I am not sure it is possible ? The Multi level switch is recognised as type 'other' in the Alexa app
                Hey Mike, just bought one of these myself. You use the custom color device to set a specific color, it will give you a color pallet to choose which one you want. So far I’ve figured out that I can use an event to set the color but haven’t tried just using voice. Alexa only picked up the multi switches initially for me as well.
                Jon00s Alexa Plugin might be the best link to get it set to a color but haven’t had a chance to look into it yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                Plugin's:
                BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

Yes I have gone down the event route. But as my Alexa skill does not want to pick up events at the moment (thats a different story, there is another thread about it) I would have to create a virtual switch for every event, which Alexa can then pick up. I have done that for the essentials but dont want to waste any more time, still hoping the skill will be fixed some time soon... I thought you could set the coulour like you can dim levels on a dimmer. I could be wrong though

Comment

hey all... i'm not at my system yet, but this does work using the Alexa skill. I can say, "alexa, change the sailboat color to red" and it works perfectly (I have LEDs on the mast of a decorative boat with the Fibaro module.

I don't remember, but it was a particular number of things in the devices for the module that you have voice access to, and then discovered via alexa app. will try to look at later, but there is a thread somewhere on exactly how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
                      hey all... i'm not at my system yet, but this does work using the Alexa skill. I can say, "alexa, change the sailboat color to red" and it works perfectly (I have LEDs on the mast of a decorative boat with the Fibaro module.

I don't remember, but it was a particular number of things in the devices for the module that you have voice access to, and then discovered via alexa app. will try to look at later, but there is a thread somewhere on exactly how to do this.
                      Finally found the thread. start at post #166 and read a few pages.
                      https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-3-api/page12

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

Finally found the thread. start at post #166 and read a few pages.
                        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-3-api/page12
                        Thanks for finding this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
                        Plugin's:
                        BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
                        EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
                        weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

I have enabled voice commands for all the fibaro rgb devices, ticked dimmable and light where possible and ran discovery again. I do not get any device which gives me a colour option in the app. Is that the custom colour device which should create that ? It could be as a lot of people i have problems with my skill, it still does discover devices but I am not sure its working properly so that could be why.

Comment

Working...
                          X