Two Alexa accounts one myHS - not Good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Alexa accounts one myHS - not Good

Finally took the plunge and got an Alexa (or 2 or 4)...of course I can never have it simple. Short version is in order to work TVs in different rooms I needed to establish the bedroom TV on my Wife's account. Figured no issue with myHS as it was working pretty good on the quick setup I did on the Living Room Echo...I was wrong.

1. Evidently you can only have one Alexa account tied to a myHS account (verified with HS in a trouble ticket).
    2. When I joined the second Alexa account to my myHS account it stopped everything...no longer communicating to myHS, not getting device updates, etc. It shows linked just fine.
    3. I had HS clear my myHS account so I can recreate it and see if it would clear things...it did not.
    4. Yes I have unlinked from both Alexa accounts, then re-linked, unlinked, re-linked, (you get the hint) and no joy.
    5. From a browser I can get to myHS and navigate with no issues.

If anyone has some helpful suggestions I'm open to it!!

Thx,
    Ken J.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - Work Station
    Number of Devices: 1197
    Number of Events: 559
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
    2.0.41.0: BLLAN
    2.0.82.0: BLStat
    3.1.3.33206: Blue-Iris
    2.0.24.0: BLUPS
    3.0.0.17: iAutomate RFID
    3.0.0.3: KMS
    3.0.1.109: PHLocation
    3.0.0.4: Rain8
    3.0.6.5: SDJ-Health
    3.0.6678.32449: UltraECM3
    3.0.6551.16959: UltraGCIR3
    3.0.6554.33094: UltraMon3
    3.0.6159.37431: UltraNetatmo3
    3.0.6196.17229: UltraPioneerAVR3
    3.0.6702.34494: UltraWeatherWU3
    3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

I'm pretty sure you need to pay for the premium myHS upgrade to be able to tie in multiple Amazon accounts.

Comment

I thought (hoped) that would be the case also (pay for myHS premium)...but not the response from HomeSeer help desk. Which makes me wonder what you get with myHS premium.

Ken J.

Comment

Back and forth the help desk and the following resolved my problem:
        "something I recommend testing to get it working again is disabling voice control for all devices in your system (using the check boxes on the left hand side and the drop-down menu directly under the words Device List). Then, you will want to turn on voice control for only on/off, dimmable, and thermostat devices."

Of course I want to try connecting the 2nd Alexa account again, maybe it was just an initial setup problem...

Ken J.

Comment

Kaje - Did you ever find a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem. Each of my daughters just got Echo Dots and I was wanting to configure them with the HomeSeer skill and link them to my HS account.

Comment

I think that you would need more than one myHS account or one for each Amazon account.

Depending on what purpose the dots have, why not connect them to one general-use Amazon account? Do you really want them to be able to purchase stuff via Alexa?

If all you want is to enable home automation, then you can use one account for that. That is as long as each daughter (or individual in the house) does not require their own privacy. I, for security reasons, do not use my primary Amazon account for Alexa. I use a separate account that is just used for Alexa and home automation integration. The account that I use for purchases, etc is not used for Alexa or integration with HomeSeer.

Food for thought.
            HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

Comment

Working...
            X