Open/Close Instead of On/Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open/Close Instead of On/Off

I have some motorized shades registered with HS. How can I tell Alexa to Open/Close my shades instead of turning them on/off? I know in the past this wasn't possible but then in the past I also had to same 'tell homeseer' which I now don't have to do anymore (BIG improvement).

Create a routine in The alexa app.

A routine with vocal trigger : Open shade

the action of the routine would be to triger the on state of your shade.... ( or to turn on an event ).

if it is not clear I will come back, I have to go now .

Comment

That works great! Thanks!

Comment

nice

Comment

So this does work fine but when I for instance change the name of a device in HS then Alexa gets confused/forgets the device. I know, it's kind of expected as Alexa probably tracks devices by name and not the HomeSeer ID. Anyways, is there another way to tell Alexa to accept open/close commands? In HS I did rename the device status down to close and up to open. However, Alexa doesn't seem to care about that. I think it just looks at the shade as a dimmer and then only accepts on/off/dim.
          Note that Alexa apparently does understand open/close for some devices, e.g. garage doors. So I guess Alexa goes by how a device is defined. Maybe there is a way to change some z-wave flags so Alexa doesn't think anymore that my shades are a light?

Comment

Working...
          X