Alexa update last week... now I can't add devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa update last week... now I can't add devices

So in the "old" alexa app I'd just go to devices and Add, and it would discover all the new devices and that would be it.
    Well last week we updated the alexa app, now I try to add a couple more dimmers and a thermostat that we had to remove from the network and re-add.... but now in the alexa app we have to go to Devices > All Devices > + > Add Device > we choose Switch/Thermostat/Other...> Discover Devices.

No matter what we choose, none of the new devices show up. I triple checked the settings of each of the devices in HS and they are all set the same as all the other devices that have worked for over a year.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks all!

I am experiencing the same thing.... any updates/help would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

I think the problem may be that the current device list is not being uploaded. Besides having to try many times before Alexa Smarthome finally recognized my devices, a Homeseer Room which I had removed and added with a different name did not appear in the Alexa recognized device list and in fact the old deleted room name was still listed. This was after I had shut down and restarted HS3. Does anyone know where Alexa grabs the Homeseer device list from. Seems to quick an upload to for Alexa to be able to access it from the current running HS3 app.

Comment

Working...
      X