Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa TTS that works well, same solution as for Home Assistant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjh View Post
    We seeing if we can create a plugin for this. The open issue is the login as right now that script uses cookie info to connect. We think we can use a token and just have the user login with a dialog we will present. Will keep you updated.
    Nerdgasm.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Regarding device serial numbers, they are not printed on the devices themselves, but they are detailed in the Alexa app.

If you go to the smart home tab, select 'Echo & Alexa' > select one of your devices > scroll to the bottom > select 'About'.

The device serial number is provided along with the MAC address and current software build

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post

Nerdgasm.
        +1
        Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

This is awesome!

Comment

agree if there is a less kludgy way to do this with HS3 than the way i've done it, then it's definitely worth getting done.

Comment

Thanks for this, it looks amazing. I'm tyring to do this, but you the above method but have the linux running on a raspberry pi on my network. How could I tweak the wrapper to make the pi make the call, rather than linux running on windows?

Comment

ok I got this working running homeseer on windows, and the ALEXA TTS bridge on a raspberry pi. I had to install putty on the windows machine.

I changed the batch file to be the following:

Code:
                @echo off
                set arg1=%1
                set arg2=%2
                shift
                shift

"C:\Program Files\PuTTY\plink.exe" pi@192.168.100.84 -pw password /home/pi/ha-alexa-tts-master/alexa_remote_control.sh -d %arg1% -e speak:%arg2%
                The only other difference was the requirement for double quotes in the homeseer event if spaces are required in the speech: eg: "Workshop" "'Testing 1 2 3'"

What isn't working for me, however, is sending messages audio groups. It looks like the messages are being sent, however, they are not played on any alexa's.

"C:\Users\Administrator>plink pi@192.168.100.82 -pw password "/home/pi/ha-alexa-tts-master/alexa_remote_control.sh -d "Everywhere" -e speak:'This is a test!'"
                sending cmd:speak:This is a test! to dev:Everywhere type:A3C9PE6TNYLTCH serial:dc761649b9ee412b8585eddbaaa4d076 customerid:A1XHF6GWF37F0H
                Sequence command: Alexa.Speak"

Comment

Originally posted by codey View Post

What isn't working for me, however, is sending messages audio groups. It looks like the messages are being sent, however, they are not played on any alexa's.
                  I recall reading somewhere that this feature is not yet enabled. I tried to send an "everywhere" command through SmartThings via the WebCORE engine and got the same results as you. I think the work-in-process issue is getting each Alexa to sync and play the message at the exact same time.

Comment

ahh, thanks for the info logman

Comment

any update from Homeseer????

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfraser05 View Post
                        Really? It was only a little over a fortnight ago that Rich even took note of this thread. At best it's maybe been added to a project board as a "to be investigated".

Between HS Mobile development, the WD200 firmware, the S2 Z-Wave plugin, holiday breaks and a small company/dev team, I'd think it pretty unreasonable to expect a rush on this. Just be happy it's on the radar for now.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisfraser05 View Post
                          I'm afraid HS development is slow at best. Going from feature requests or even bug fixes, 6 months is common.
                          Hell, I had to throw away a couple of z-wave devices as they don't do any bug fixes without getting a sample device.

Comment

Agree and in the meantime you have a workable solution although clunky that works flawlessly

Comment

I can't install the Windows Linux Subsystem on my Windows 10 Homeseer box because it's 32bit. Is there another way round that? for example, would it work on a Raspberry PI or does it have to be on the Homeseer machine?

Comment

It doesn't need to be on the Homeseer machine it can run on any Linux box, But you have to devise the method of having homeseer execute it. Hosting on a seperate machine complicates that. But if it was me personally I would take a backup of Homeseer and then reinstall windows x64 instead. In fact I did that recently when upgrading my Homeseer box to an SSD. It only took 30-40 minutes or so to install the OSOand reinstall Homeseer and restore the backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X