Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homeseer Home automation skill trouble

Hi
    I have the option #1 ( Homeseer smarthome skill) setup and am now trying to add the "Homeseer Home Automation skill" , but when Inable this skill it asks
    for my myHS account login info and then brings up a page that says "linked", but it never brings me to a "discovery" page and even when I try to go to the discovery page from the other skill and try to discover it never finds any new devices?

One of those skills is for passing voice commands into HomeSeer which trigger the voice commands configured in the device or event. Eg "Alexa tell homeseer I'm home".

The other skill is for importing simple devices/switches into Alexa for a more natural (but more limited) voice control method.

Eg "Alexa, turn off the bedroom light".

I am forever forgetting which skill does which, but my point is only one of them is meant to discover devices in Alexa.

Are you saying the second skill won't discover devices or neither skill will?

Comment

Originally posted by zsima View Post
      Hi
      I have the option #1 ( Homeseer smarthome skill) setup and am now trying to add the "Homeseer Home Automation skill" , but when Inable this skill it asks
      for my myHS account login info and then brings up a page that says "linked", but it never brings me to a "discovery" page and even when I try to go to the discovery page from the other skill and try to discover it never finds any new devices?
      As Fellhahn said, the second skill won’t discover any additional devices, it will use the same devices that were discovered when you enabled the Homeseer Smarthome skill. (Assuming the first skill did discover your devices?)

Homeseer Smarthome skill is used for simple on/off/dim control of devices.

Homeseer Home Automation skill will control devices but adds triggering of events and allows you to use Jon00 Alexa scripts for more advanced Alexa control. This skill requires the additional “Alexa, tell Homeseer” phrase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      HS4 4.2.6.0 &HSTouch Designer 3.0.80
      Plugin's:
      BLBackup, BLOccupied, BLShutdown, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, Nest, AK Bond
      EnvisaLink DSC, PHLocation, Pushover, SONOS, Blue Iris, UltraRachio3,
      weatherXML, Jon00 Alexa Helper, Network Monitor, MyQ, Z-Wave

Comment

If you haven't looked at Jon00 AlexaHelper script, you should.

tenholde
        tenholde

Comment

Thank you all for the responses it really clears up the confusion I was having.

I am looking at Jon00 AlexaHelper script and have been pleasantly surprised by its features

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X