• Time
  • Show
Clear All

discovery is working again
    thanks
    Paul

Comment

Originally posted by mikepetro View Post
      I would pay good money for a local version of a Dot, that didnt talk to the cloud unless you specifically told it to.......

An HST Lan only Dot-a-like would make me open my wallet for sure.
      Yes I often dream of someone creating a plugin that would somehow use the microphones only of alexa and bypass the cloud or a program to override their firmware somehow and flash them to a HS3-Echo !!

Comment

i'm working again

Comment

Will there be an update notification to this thread when the new caching solution is done, tested, and ready to use? I can then go in and take the necessary steps to re-enable Alexa control. thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by ocyberbum View Post

Yes I often dream of someone creating a plugin that would somehow use the microphones only of alexa and bypass the cloud or a program to override their firmware somehow and flash them to a HS3-Echo !!
            All HST needs to do is open the speaker client protocol so it will run on Linux and it could run on a dot-a-like system directly connected to HS3... this has been asked for many times.

Comment

The original speaker client used MS SAPI for TTS and VR only.

Later HSTouch / HS was updated to play back a wav file generated by the speaker client for use with ios, android and windows. The wave file is not TTS sourced at the client rather it is sourced at the homeseer server. I read somewhere here that the Android HS touch client does utilize Android TTS rather than playing back a wave file.

Way back here tested MS SAPI running on Linux installed with PlayOnLinux. It worked. The next piece was installing speaker.exe using PlayOnLinux. I could never get it to work.

Been tinkering here some with Home Assistant / Amazon Alexa.

The HA plugin utilizes one Python Script that turns the Amazon Alexa devices in to media players, TTS devices and Alexa command devices.

I am impressed with what it can do.

I have attached the python file used for the HA application.

alexa_media.zip
              Attached Files
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
              HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
              HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

We did make some changes to timeouts so you might try a discovery again. If its not working, we can put in a group to cache your discovery now and get you going, just open a ticket at support@homeseer.com. But I will post to this thread when have have some changes completed to speed up the discovery process.

Originally posted by kjsanders86 View Post
                Will there be an update notification to this thread when the new caching solution is done, tested, and ready to use? I can then go in and take the necessary steps to re-enable Alexa control. thanks,
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It is open and used by many plugins.

Originally posted by Simplex Technology View Post

All HST needs to do is open the speaker client protocol so it will run on Linux and it could run on a dot-a-like system directly connected to HS3... this has been asked for many times.
                  💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Just sent in this to your email, rjh, and got "support inquiry has been received and your conversation number is: 40951."

"After a power outage last nite my Amazon Alexa Homeseer Smart Home Skill will not discover the 141 devices I have available in this HS Omni Plug In. I have shut down the internet, taken all 8 echos off and back on line, restarted the plug-in multiple times, & disabled, unplugged the Z3 & re-enabled the HS Skill multiple times but still Alexa will not load the devices from this plug in. All was working fine till today....."

HELP PLEASE!!!!!

I have gotten tooo dependent on Alexa vs Haiku.....

Comment

Good news today. Homeseer Support and Rob escalated the issue and found After speaking with the engineer, it seems that there was an issue of root/parent devices and child devices. An adjustment has been made to the Alexa integration which should resolve this issue. The engineer has tested this and it seems to discover all devices now.

I did a rediscovery of my Alexa voice enabled devices and they now appear in the Alexa app.

Now I have to go back and more friendly rename the devices and revise the button function so it responds to “turn on“. Not something I like to do.

Thanks Rob for believing in me.

Comment

The HomeSeer skill is still not working for me. I have disabled, reenabled, rediscovered. Still not working. Alexa says “skill not enabled”.

Could this be related to the HS mobile app? They are both sharing a MyHS connection?
                        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.368, Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 - Home, Number of Devices: 373, Number of Events: 666, Enabled Plug-Ins
                        2.0.83.0: BLRF, 2.0.10.0: BLUSBUIRT, 3.0.0.75: HSTouch Server, 3.0.0.58: mcsXap, 3.0.0.11: NetCAM, 3.0.0.36: X10, 3.0.1.25: Z-Wave,Alexa,HomeKit

Comment

All my devices are Offline but 1 amazon device, my computer room light still doesn't show up but so far my other lights still work even though they show off line, and google home will not sync devices so i hope this root/parent will help fix the problem

Comment

bump.. this is down for me too.. any one have insight?? could it be a HS issue?

Comment

I'm wondering if this is territory based. I've not experienced any issue with Alexa for some time. Mind you I'm still running v2 of the skill. Are you folks running the newer v3 of the Homeseer skill?
                              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

All my Amazon devices, Nest, and Sonos devices, are online but all HS devices (approx 50) are offline. They seem to be working anyway but I can't discover any new HS devices.

Comment

Working...
                                X