No announcement yet.

Alexa Integration Seems to be Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was having trouble with the integration for a couple of weeks -- intermittent bouts of Alexa working fine, then telling me "Sorry, X is not responding". After chasing this for days, I finally unlinked the Alexa skill, then re-linked it. When I did so I discovered that my MyHS password wasn't working and had to reset it. After relinking with the new password, the integration was working reliably again.

Comment

This Gremlin seems to be back.

Comment

Having the same problem with Alexa . It’s on and off for few days and now it’s down again

also not sure why I only see “HomeSeer SmartHome” skill not the new automation skill . Anything to do with being in Canada ?

Comment

Ditto. in the last 2 weeks it has started failing 50% of the time.

Alexa, turn on the 'big lamp'... "sorry, 'big lamp' not responding"
          Alexa, turn on the 'big lamp'... "OK"

Is the homeseer service overloaded?

Comment

Last 2 days Alexa gives device "not responding" response to all requests. Have not been able to discover new voice-enabled events/scenes for couple months now. Seems HS/Alexa dependability is getting worse and worse.

Comment

Let this be a lesson... actually two.
              1) You're on HS for the express purpose of NOT relying on the cloud
              2) Benji says it's silly to trade in security for convenience.
              That is all.

Comment

Lessons? 1) May be your purpose, not mine... apparently not HS's... it's THEIR product 2) opinion. So, Not all.
                Maybe there is some rationale that native products purchased are supposed to work as advertised?

Comment

My Alexa integration was wonky for a few days and then started working again. Tonight it's out. It's nonsense. I don't want to hear about not relying on a cloud when this is likely an issue with a HS Server.

Comment

Alexa has been wonky here for about 1 week
                    yesterday events stopped working and now tonight alexa is down all together.

this is getting frustrating.

hey google use to work now i cant get it to connect.

Comment

Look for a hue emulator . It works without myhs.

Comment

I current’y use one from node red . But this one is more user friendly .

https://github.com/bwssytems/ha-bridge

Started hs 2.5 years ago. It tooks me only two months to be frustrated with myhs, so went another route. First with ha-bridge. Second with a node red package ( less overhead)

Comment

Alexa requests to Homeseer Devices are now failing with the message "Sorry, device-name is not responding". However, the request does eventually work if you keep giving the same verbal command --- so, it would seem to be some kind of latency / time-out issue between Homeseer and Alexa? Other automation skills integrated with Alexa are working just fine (ie. Bond Bridge, CE Smart), so it would seem that the issue is isolated to the Homeseer skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhuras View Post
                            Alexa requests to Homeseer Devices are now failing with the message "Sorry, device-name is not responding". However, the request does eventually work if you keep giving the same verbal command --- so, it would seem to be some kind of latency / time-out issue between Homeseer and Alexa? Other automation skills integrated with Alexa are working just fine (ie. Bond Bridge, CE Smart), so it would seem that the issue is isolated to the Homeseer skill.
                            Same here i have lost connection with Alexa and Google home since yesterday evening , i am going to uninstall to bad window updates causing crashes KB4524244, KB4532693 and then reboot

update: Still down, My Chromecasts Plugin is still speaking through my google minis, now i just wish the plugin could have a listen option for times like this

Comment

Thought it was just me. Alexa integration is dead in the water, device not responding.
                              HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Reported to HST, this is the response I got:
                                HomeSeer Support via helpscout.net
                                9:54 AM (5 minutes ago)
                                to me
                                Matt replied
                                Feb 18, 9:53am
                                This is the only report of such an issue we have received here on the helpdesk, which is the only way to officially report an issue. I do recommend testing the steps provided as it had been known to resolve many issues with Alexa.

HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Working...
                                X