Alexa Integration Seems to be Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ando1 View Post
    I am having this issue as well with Alexa. All my devices are offline and no voice commands are working.
    Well, Here we go again... This evening both HomeSeer Skill integrations are down with no configuration changes on my end.

In typical troubleshooting fashion, I tried lots of commands, and attempted to ensure that MyHS connectivity was working. Even tried disabling and relinking the HomeSeer SmarHome skill and the HomeSeer Home Automation Skill skill. And both logon to MyHS and link just fine. However, none of the commands are getting to my Homeseer system even though Alexa responds "OK" every time.

Rick rjh do you have any insight what might be going on?

--Lee III

Comment

Alexa voice control stopped working on any Homeseer Hometroller SEL devices at about 4:00pm EST today. Prior to that it worked pretty well since I installed it. My wife has recently had surgery and has been relying on voice control of devices so I’d like to know what’s going on.
      The MYHS app works well but all Homeseer devices in the Alexa app show “Device is unresponsive”
      When I issue a voice command I.e. “Alexa turn on the fireplace” the Echo replies “OK”, but nothing happens.
      I have:
      Rebooted Echo & Hometroller SEL
      Unlinked and relinked the skill multiple times
      Backdated HS3 software to the latest supported release

Comment

Well I was just doing a clean and redo since my device names changed and I cant discover any devices either.

I just sent tech support a message thru the website as well.

Comment

Since posting my experience 4 days ago, I've had intermittent Alexa response but its been down from what I've seen today. [I'm referring to "Alexa turn on ...". I do not have the "Alexa, Ask Homeseer to turn on ..." skill so can't speak to that.] Like others have noted, the non-hs devices are responsive. Thinking that logging in to myhs as kova4 described may have been what started the integration working the last time I tried it again. No change - all hs devices "offline" and unresponsive.

Comment

Maybe the beta hs3 versions are causing an issue ?

Comment

I don't think so. I'm still running .435 which has worked flawless since May 2018. This is specific to Alexa integration only - either Amazon or HomeSeer.
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

I noticed that Alexa/Homeseer integration was down as well. I also couldn't log on to myhs.homeseer.com so maybe there is something up with that.

Comment

+1

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been using the HS3 .478 beta since it was posted and have not had this issue. Not sure if it's related, but after I upgraded the z-wave pi (yesterday or Sunday) from .250 to .252 I now have this issue.

Comment

Using version 478. Alexa stopped talking to homeseer sometime during the last several hours, and still down. MyHS seems to be talking okay. I can log into it, and I can log into my HS system remotely using MyHS. But nothing comes over from Alexa to HS.
                      tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
                        Using version 478. Alexa stopped talking to homeseer sometime during the last several hours, and still down. MyHS seems to be talking okay. I can log into it, and I can log into my HS system remotely using MyHS. But nothing comes over from Alexa to HS.
                        You're not alone...

Comment

IFTTT does not seem to be able to connect to HS either, from the IFTTT configuration pages.
                          tenholde

Comment

Same here. The connection is completely down and has been for hours. I’d be very surprised if anyone from HomeSeer is working at this late hour to address it.

We’ve all come to seriously depend on Alexa’s voice interface as a primary trigger to our HS systems. I would hope that the support of it would be equally as serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                              Same here. The connection is completely down and has been for hours. I’d be very surprised if anyone from HomeSeer is working at this late hour to address it.

We’ve all come to seriously depend on Alexa’s voice interface as a primary trigger to our HS systems. I would hope that the support of it would be equally as serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              What he said. I'm a bit disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any communication from the HS team on this issue. Alexa play cricket sounds.

Comment

Still DOWN...

Well, after 2 hours of disabling/enabling skills, rebooting cable modem, rebooting router, even rebooting HS3 machine, still NOTHING. It would certainly be nice to have a way to have some kind of "down" indication when this problem occurs.

I have spent the past few days working on setting up full voice integration using jon00's helper, had things working pretty good, then all the sudden, Alexa started acting like she had no idea how to talk to HS3... I've become dependent on my HS3/Alexa integration but am now wondering, with issues like this happening frequently, if it's even worth it.

Oh the joys of cloud-based technology! (not)

Comment

Working...
                                X