No announcement yet.

Alexa Integration Seems to be Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All tests out ok here, are you on Windows or Linux? Can I have you enable JSON logging so we can see if the skill is communicating with your system?

In the Control Panel from the tools menu enter:

hs.debugmode=2048

Then go to the log and make sure it notes that JSON logging is enabled.

Then start a discovery. You will see a bunch of JSON commands as it looks for your devices/settings.

Originally posted by fuzzysb View Post

Literally just disabled the skill and and forgot all devices in Alexa. I rebooted the Homeseer box and restarted Homeseer, then enabled the skill again. Does not find any Homeseer devices at all.

I have a custom skill enabled for the helper script. That is working ok. But the official skill here is dead
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Still not working for me either, I contacted support a
      couple weeks ago, they connected to my system and said everything was setup correctly and the problem was on their end and they have been working on. That was two weeks ago and I still cannot discover any devices. Have json debugging enabled and can see the requests in the log. Have disabled and re enabled the smart home skill, removed all devices voice controlled check mark and have only one device enabled that previously worked so I know it's configured right. Also mentioned to support that IFTTT wasn't working reliability and they said they were working on that as well. So now when I see posts on here that everything with Alexa is working good on there end it's very frustrating. Not sure what to believe...

Comment

Rich
        i did what you asked above but this is all i see in my logs nothing else comes in
        Feb-17 12:40:47 PM System Current debug events set: JSON
        Feb-17 12:40:47 PM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.debugmode=2048

just saw this pop up again
        Feb-17 12:45:57 PM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
        Last edited by sirbooker; February 17, 2019, 03:49 PM. Reason: just saw in log file

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          All tests out ok here, are you on Windows or Linux? Can I have you enable JSON logging so we can see if the skill is communicating with your system?

In the Control Panel from the tools menu enter:

hs.debugmode=2048

Then go to the log and make sure it notes that JSON logging is enabled.

Then start a discovery. You will see a bunch of JSON commands as it looks for your devices/settings.

Still not consistently working for me. Seems to be random. I've stopped getting the connection errors in my HS log, however Alexa control seems to work sometimes and other times it says the device is not responding.

Comment

This looks like a linking issue, can you PM me your license ID and I will have a look.

Originally posted by sirbooker View Post
            Rich
            i did what you asked above but this is all i see in my logs nothing else comes in
            Feb-17 12:40:47 PM System Current debug events set: JSON
            Feb-17 12:40:47 PM System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.debugmode=2048

just saw this pop up again
            Feb-17 12:45:57 PM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.

Comment

Please PM me the support ticket # and I will check with the developer tomorrow. I assume you are in the US?

Originally posted by SteveZ View Post
              Still not working for me either, I contacted support a
              couple weeks ago, they connected to my system and said everything was setup correctly and the problem was on their end and they have been working on. That was two weeks ago and I still cannot discover any devices. Have json debugging enabled and can see the requests in the log. Have disabled and re enabled the smart home skill, removed all devices voice controlled check mark and have only one device enabled that previously worked so I know it's configured right. Also mentioned to support that IFTTT wasn't working reliability and they said they were working on that as well. So now when I see posts on here that everything with Alexa is working good on there end it's very frustrating. Not sure what to believe...

Comment

Are you in the US?

Originally posted by cgeisler View Post

Still not consistently working for me. Seems to be random. I've stopped getting the connection errors in my HS log, however Alexa control seems to work sometimes and other times it says the device is not responding.

Comment

Seems Canada is getting the boot on some things. My thermostat skill for Alexa just stopped working. My Homeseer is working with Alexa please Homeseer don't give me the boot too.

Comment

Are you in the US?

Rich,
                    Yes, I am in the US. Still seems to be an issue, just now I opened the Alexa app and half of my devices show "Device is unresponsive". Trying to control a device several times will then get it to work for a bit only for another device to go not responding.

Comment

We are currently working on some issues with Alexa outside the US. Amazon has set a VERY short timeout on requests, less than 2 seconds. Outside the US we have to contact your system, get all your devices, process them, then return to Amazon in less than 2 seconds. In the US we seem to handle this OK, but since our servers are in the US this is challenge outside the US. Amazon will not change the timeout. We are looking at caching solutions to work around this. Most other HA systems are cloud based so the short timeout is probably OK. We are setting up a server in the UK, which will help, but we still need a more reliable solution. I don't believe anyone who has posted here is seeing this issue though, but its possible. To know for sure just enable JSON logging like I posted and if you see a command then you are OK. If you see a "getstatus" after a discovery but Alexa does not find any devices, you are seeing this issue.

Comment

We are currently working on some issues with Alexa outside the US. Amazon has set a VERY short timeout on requests, less than 2 seconds. Outside the US we have to contact your system, get all your devices, process them, then return to Amazon in less than 2 seconds. In the US we seem to handle this OK, but since our servers are in the US this is challenge outside the US. Amazon will not change the timeout. We are looking at caching solutions to work around this. Most other HA systems are cloud based so the short timeout is probably OK. We are setting up a server in the UK, which will help, but we still need a more reliable solution. I don't believe anyone who has posted here is seeing this issue though, but its possible. To know for sure just enable JSON logging like I posted and if you see a command then you are OK. If you see a "getstatus" after a discovery but Alexa does not find any devices, you are seeing this issue.
                        That maybe why I lost my carrier infinity touch thermostat skill

Comment

rjh i get this in the UK when enabling Json Debug and performing a discovery
                          Feb-17 22:12:41 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getevents&voiceonly=True&token=& source=EchoSH
                          Feb-17 22:12:39 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getcontrol&token=&source=EchoSH
                          Feb-17 22:12:37 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getstatus&devref=all&voiceonly=False&token=&source=E choSH
                          Feb-17 22:12:37 DEBUG JSON Query: request=getsetting&setting=bLocationFirst&token=&source=Echo SH
                          Feb-17 22:12:13 System Current debug events set: JSON
                          Feb-17 22:12:13 System Control Panel Immediate Script: &hs.debugmode=2048

Comment

Please PM me the support ticket # and I will check with the developer tomorrow. I assume you are in the US?

PM sent, Thanks!

Comment

PM sent as well
                              Thanks

Comment

As a test, enable the JSON debug and then try to control a device. Do you see JSON commands in the log each time? If so, then we know that Alexa control is working.

Originally posted by cgeisler View Post

Rich,
                                Yes, I am in the US. Still seems to be an issue, just now I opened the Alexa app and half of my devices show "Device is unresponsive". Trying to control a device several times will then get it to work for a bit only for another device to go not responding.

Comment

Working...
                                X