No announcement yet.

Alexa Integration Seems to be Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the explanation Rupp, it’s nice to have an answer to system issues like this.
    Going forward, it would be nice if there was some notification to the forum when things like this occur so end-users don’t waste time trying to resolve it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinlead View Post
      Thank you for the explanation Rupp, it’s nice to have an answer to system issues like this.
      Going forward, it would be nice if there was some notification to the forum when things like this occur so end-users don’t waste time trying to resolve it.
      You can get updates. I got emailed about the outage. Just subscribe to updates at https://status.homeseer.com

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
      X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
      Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
      Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
      Scripts =
      Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post
        You can get updates. I got emailed about the outage. Just subscribe to updates at https://status.homeseer.com

Greig.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
        I may want to switch from my regular email account to a PushOver email account. How does one unsubscribe an email account?

Comment

Thanks much Grieg, I was unaware of that capability!
          It would be even better if there was a text option.

Comment

Originally posted by Twinlead View Post
            I'd love to see the history of this page, showing when things are done, and a possibly an explanation as to why and how long the outage was. Sometimes I notice it not working for a while and then it works an hour later (hard to know if the problem was on my end and in my control or not)

Also having these flags propagate to homeseer devices would be really cool... (maybe a plugin idea for someone) If all is well, my plugin motion sensor shows the green light. If something is wrong, turn it (red)

Easy to see the red light means don't ask Alexa for anything home automation related.
            Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Has anyone experienced any outages with Alexa and HomeSeer today?

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                No outages experienced. I have a handful of devices that I can't control with the Alexa app (displays "Waiting for Homeseer..." message) but they all work fine using voice control.

Comment

Originally posted by rotunnoe View Post
                  I have been having issues for about a week now. Most of the time when telling alexa to turn on or off lights it tells me the device is not responding.

Comment

I had to disable the skill, enable it and then discover devices. Luckily, all the names and routines didn't get lost - Alexa just had her memory 'refreshed'
                    Dan-O
                    HomeSeer contributor since summer 1999, yes 1999!

Comment

That worked perfectly. Thank you so much!

Comment

Posting this on this thread as it's similar to the following issue I'm having...

I recently replaced my HAI plugin for my Omni Controller to work with Alexa / Echo. I did so because it seemed to stop working and normally I'm able to fix it by disabling and enabling the HAI plug in. That didn't work so I decided to delete the HAI plugin and when I went to re-install, realized that it was replaced by Omni. So I installed it and reconnected and enabled both the 'HomeSeer Home Automation Skill' and the 'HomeSeer SmartHome'. But now it seems that the 'HomeSeer SmartHome' skill doesn't work because I can't just tell Alexa to 'Turn on Kitchen Lights', like I used to. I have to say 'Alexa, tell HomeSeer to turn on Kitchen Lights'. Alexa also won't recognize / add the devices when I scan.

I'm able to control my devices with the HomeSeer interface and the HomeSeer app on my phone but not Alexa / Echo

Did I miss installing or configuring something? Is this a license issue? Right now I only installed the Omni Plugin on a 30 day trial basis.

Appreciate any input / feedback.

Comment

I had the same experience, Alexa was suddenly unable to send commands to my Homeseer Devices (got the "not responding" message). I stopped, restarted Homeseer...did not resolve. I rebooted the Homeseer PC...did not resolve. I disabled, then re-enabled the Alexa Homeseer skill, then discovered Devices (no new devices found, but all my devices were still there)...problem resolved.

Comment

Is there a systemic way to refresh the sync between hs and Alexa? I had to rebuild part of the Z-wave network from a backup because, one again, HS Zwave interface crapped out and lost devices... Alexa still sees the old ones, but the ones I had to re-add, won't be discovered. Have disabled/enabled both skills multiple times and nothing. Voice command check as well...

Comment

I am having a strange problem with a new Alexa integration. For the most part the devices were recognized and appear in the Alexa app. I can control the devices with the Off/On button. When I select the device I get the screen with the Light Bulb and "Light is Off" and can control from there. However, if I press on a dimmable device it goes to the next screen and hangs on "Waiting for Homeseer" forever. All dimmable devices do this yet I can control them with the button on the first screen. I have tried disabling the skill and rescanning the devices many times. Alexa doesn't seem to like any of my dimmable z-wave devices. Looking for wisdom. Thanks!

Comment

My Alexa integration stopped working this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X