Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Echo (Alexa) reporting temperature in celsius instead of fahrenheit

HS temperature scale is set to fahrenheit

Echo (Alexa) setting "Temperature Units - Use metric measurements for temperature units." is set to Off

Setting the thermostat temperature through Alexa is working correctly in fahrenheit.

However, Alexa is reporting thermostat temperature in celsius instead of fahrenheit.

Please help.
    Thanks,
    TJ

Sorry... I don't understand. From which temperature device is alexa reading from?
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

A thermostat in Homeseer, see attached image.

Comment

No help, but mine just started doing the same thing.

Comment

This looks to be a bug in the code of the skill. As everyone said, when set temp to F, Alexa still reports in C. However, when you set the temp to C, the temp reported in neither in C or F. I did not do the math, but I don't think it has anything to do with setting in Alexa to F or C, as it sure looks like the app code just always sets the displayed_temp to "displayed_temp=(reported_temp - 32) * 5 / 9;" rather than just reporting the reported_temp - which is correct. Homeseer developers, could this the issue?

Comment

Originally posted by TjTrolinger View Post
            HS temperature scale is set to fahrenheit

Echo (Alexa) setting "Temperature Units - Use metric measurements for temperature units." is set to Off

Setting the thermostat temperature through Alexa is working correctly in fahrenheit.

However, Alexa is reporting thermostat temperature in celsius instead of fahrenheit.

Please help.
            Thanks,
            TJ
            Sure would appreciate a fix for this Homeseer!
            Thanks,
            ​​​​​​​TJ

Comment

My workaround :-)

1. Say: "Alexa, what's the thermostat temperature?"
              Alexa responds "The thermostat temperature is 20 degrees:

2. Say: "Alexa, what's 20 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit"?
              Alexa responds "20 degrees Celsius is 68 degrees Fahrenheit".

If this bug isn't fixed soon, I'll be an expert on Celsius!

Comment

Mine does this too... A year later and HomeSeer is MIA,

I submitted a bug via support email. Guess we all have to wait so so HomeSeer can <focus> on hs4. Good plan.
                Transitioning to HS3Pro .298 - WinXPEmbedded

Hometroller S3 Pro - WinXPEmbedded - HSP 2.5.0.81 - BLStat - HSPhone - HSTouch Srvr 1.0.0.73 - Touchpad - BLLan - BLOccupied - DSC Plug 2.0.0.14 - BLStat .38

Comment

I just posted about this in the rmasonjr OMNI plugin forum. (finally got my OMNI thermostats correctly integrated) Guess I should have looked here. I have the same problem!

Comment

I am having the same problem using Omni Thermostats. Sounds like a bug, for sure. Good to know I am not the only one.

Comment

I have been having this problem for over a year and it is confirmed as a problem in the HomeSeer skill. How do we go about formally reporting and getting this bug corrected? I have emailed RICK 3 times with a detailed account of this with screen snapshots etc. It should be a simple fix in the Skill.

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by lipsit View Post
                        I have been having this problem for over a year and it is confirmed as a problem in the HomeSeer skill. How do we go about formally reporting and getting this bug corrected? I have emailed RICK 3 times with a detailed account of this with screen snapshots etc. It should be a simple fix in the Skill.

Thanks,

Jim
                        You will want to put in a support@homeseer.com ticket on this issue so they can add your input to the bug report.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've put in a ticket on this - the reply stated that the team is currently trying to get HS4 done, and will focus on other tickets later.

Comment

It doesn't look like anything has happened. I recently upgraded to HS4 and enabled Alexa and it is still broken

Comment

Originally posted by ruhtra View Post
                              It doesn't look like anything has happened. I recently upgraded to HS4 and enabled Alexa and it is still broken
                              Alexa works find with HS4 so I'd recommend putting in a support ticket if you are having issues.

💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                              X