Using Scenes to Trigger HS Events

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Scenes to Trigger HS Events

I enabled the "Include as Voice Command" button on the event and the skill has recognized it. My question is how do I use it? I tried, Alexa, Basement Heating Setpoint 60, and Alexa responds that the device cannot be found. I get that, because it isn't a device but an event. So how can I trigger these events?

Thank you.

What is the name of the scene for the event in the Alexa app? This is pulled from the "voice Command" filed in the event. Use that name and say "alexa turn on "scene name"

I have a Lutron button controller and have an event called "button 3" with voice command set to "Office Heater" I can say "alexa turn on Office heater" I've also created an Alexa routine that will activate it by saying "Alexa I'm cold"
    HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
    Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
    Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

Oh OK so for an event that I have called "Basement Heating Setpoint 60", I need to say "Alexa, turn on Basement Heating Setpoint 60"? I will try that.

Comment

In the pic below the arrow is pointing Voice to command. Put an easier to say the phrase in here. Then have Alexa discover devices again. Use this as the command to Alexa. I say Alexa turn on Office heater. I do not say turn on Button 3.

Click image for larger version  Name:	event.png Views:	1 Size:	58.3 KB ID:	1289188
        HS3 SEL running Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 on Ubuntu 18.04, mono 5.20, 656 devices, 209 events.
        Plug-Ins: Chromecast, Device History, EasyTrigger, Ecobee, JowiHue, LutronCaseta, MeiUnifi, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, SDJ-Health, Sonos, WeatherFlow, weatherXML
        Scripts: SparkMan's Lock Event, 5 of Jon00 scripts.

Comment

I tried enabling "include as voice command" in the event and initiated the rediscover process in the Alexa app but the scene doesn't show up in the list of devices or scenes. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Have you discovered scenes in the app/web interface ? In my experience just running discover devices does not always discover the scenes (events)

Comment

I tried that, too. No luck.

Comment

Working...
              X