Alexa won't find new devices or scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbell View Post

Have you tried deleting the skill and re-connecting to it?
    Yep, disconnected the skill, uninstalled Alexa app, reinstalled & reconnected app. Tried on 2nd phone and web interface also.
    Rebuilt Z-wave DB. No luck.

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.531 (Windows)
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.261

Comment

If you are having an issue with Google Home or Alexa you need to put in a support request at support@homeseer.com to get this issue sorted.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        If you are having an issue with Google Home or Alexa you need to put in a support request at support@homeseer.com to get this issue sorted.
        Sent

Comment

Was having the same problem, this is what I just did to make it work for me (I use an OmniPro II controlling via UPB and HomeSeer version 3.0.0.534):
          1. Went to the Homeseer Omni plug in, went to the units page, turned off and then turned on the units I wanted to add. (skip this step if not using Omni? Essentially, you need to remove the device from the Homeseer Device list and readd it however you have them installed)
          2. Clicked into the Device itself and made sure "Voice Command:" was checked in the configuration tab.
          3. Waited 5 minutes.
          4. Asked Alexa to add new devices and she found them.

Comment

I have the same problem - I can not find the devices after reconnecting

Comment

I’ve reported this and stated that many are having these issues. Please, Everyone report this if it’s happening on your system. HS needs to prioritize this to the top of the stack.
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
              Linux version: Linux auto 4.15.0-72-generic #81-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 26 12:20:02 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
              Number of Devices: 484 | Number of Events: 776

Enabled Plug-Ins: 3.0.0.13: AirplaySpeak | 2.0.61.0: BLBackup
              3.0.0.70: EasyTrigger | 1.3.7006.42100: LiftMaster MyQ
              4.2.3.0: mcsMQTT | 3.0.0.53: PHLocation2 | 0.0.0.47: Pushover 3P
              3.0.0.16: RaspberryIO | 3.0.1.262: Z-Wave

Z-Net version: 1.0.23 for Inclusion Nodes
              SmartStick+: 6.04 (ZDK 6.81.3) on Server

Comment

Reported today... no event/scene discovery.

Comment

Same here, needed to reinstall. Now no scenes found. Devices are not an issue

Comment

When you guys mention scenes are you referring to HS3 events?

Comment

When you guys mention scenes are you referring to HS3 events?
                      i'm starting over with a new house move. tried this today and devices came in fine, but no HS3 events (e.g. scenes). have "include as voice command" checked, and have added a voice command in the box.

Maybe i'm just forgetting how....

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

i'm starting over with a new house move. tried this today and devices came in fine, but no HS3 events (e.g. scenes). have "include as voice command" checked, and have added a voice command in the box.

Maybe i'm just forgetting how....
                        Events are currently not working and are being looked at by the engineer. You will still want to put in a help desk request on all issues.

Comment

Events are currently not working and are being looked at by the engineer. You will still want to put in a help desk request on all issues.
                          thanks Rupp! at least I wont' be sitting here wasting time on it. Many other things to waste time on :-)

Comment

Has anyone heard of any updates on this? Its been well over a week.

Comment

I am having the same issues. New devices are being found but new events don't show up as new scenes. I am on HS 3.0.0.548 using the "HomeSeer SmartHome" skill. My procedure to get new devised added is disabling the skill, enable the skill and discover new devices. As mentioned, new devices are being discovered but not new HS events.

Comment

This should be fixed. Does a single event with voice command work? Also be sure your voice commands do no have any special characters in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X