Alexa won't find new devices or scenes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa won't find new devices or scenes

All of my devices that were previously discovered still seem to be working. I just can't get Alexa to find any new devices or scenes. I have checked the box to enable voice control and even put a name in the voice control box. No matter how many times I have Alexa scan for new devices none are ever found. I had a few z-wave blinds that I just forgot to rename originally. They still show up in the alexa app as Node XX even though I have now named them properly. I believe I changed the names over a month ago?

Alexa integration seems to be really flaky. I am currently using the HomeSeer SmartHome skill only. I *believe* that is the correct one. Any help would be much appreciated.

Have you had the Alexa app delete all of your devices and then re-acquire them? That has worked for me in the past sometimes?

Comment

I have not tried that yet. The devices and scenes that ARE working work really well and we rely on them heavily. I'm hesitant to nuke everything and start from scratch just in case it doesn't work at all.

Comment

How do you delete all devices anyway? I can't seem to find an option for that in the app.

Comment

That has never failed me meaning I always got my devices existing to come back and additional ones that were added.

Comment

Which version of the skill are you using? I was able to find the delete all button from the web interface for Alexa. With HomeSeer SmartHome enabled it did not find any new devices. I enabled the Dev version call Homeseer and it found all my devices, but none of my scenes. I tried enabling the Homeseer Home Automation Skill and it won't link the account.

So long story short I have all my devices now running the dev version but I have lost all my scenes.

Comment

I am only using the smart home version of Homeseer scale which eliminates the need to say “tells Homeseer“.

Comment

I just tried again and with that skill enabled it does not find any devices. I also checked to make sure "Enable control using JSON" was enabled as I've seen that in other threads. I also tried turning off voice command for all devices and then adding just a single device as I saw that in another thread as well. Not even a single device can be added with this skill. Any help from the devs would be much appreciated.

Comment

Still nothing. Alexa scans don't find any new devices from Homeseer. Any other help would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    Still nothing. Alexa scans don't find any new devices from Homeseer. Any other help would be appreciated.
                    What version of HS3 are you running?

Also see this post for a couple of things to check:
                    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...-events-solved
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I've had this problem for the last 3-4 months, at least. No upgrade has helped so far.

One test would be to disable the skill and enable it again, but I'm afraid that I'll lose all my Alexa devices... :
                      HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                      Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                      on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                      WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

I'm using version 3.0.0.500 which I believe is the latest version. The updater says I am up to date. Moskus I made that mistake. I had most of my devices working and some basic events. Tried to remove everything and start fresh. Now I have nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                          Which version of the skill are you using? I was able to find the delete all button from the web interface for Alexa. With HomeSeer SmartHome enabled it did not find any new devices. I enabled the Dev version call Homeseer and it found all my devices, but none of my scenes. I tried enabling the Homeseer Home Automation Skill and it won't link the account.

So long story short I have all my devices now running the dev version but I have lost all my scenes.
                          How did you enable the dev version?

I had the plugin running well for quite a while. I recently (finally) replaced all my old x-10 devices. Some of the new ones cannot be found.
                          I did "forget" all the known devices in the web interface and did a discovery. Weird results.
                          1st run - Found NO devices
                          2nd run - Found 18 devices
                          3rd run - Found 21 devices
                          4th run - Found 31 devices
                          5th run - Found 26 devices
                          6th run - Found 33 devices
                          7th run - Found 31 devices.
                          I make no changes to the devices between runs.
                          Any ideas?

Comment

I'm having issues too. Some renamed devices were not showing up correctly, some were timing out and not responding. Deleted all devices manually, 1 at a time...now it wont find any. All broke

Comment

Originally posted by llbuckshotll View Post
                              I'm having issues too. Some renamed devices were not showing up correctly, some were timing out and not responding. Deleted all devices manually, 1 at a time...now it wont find any. All broke
                              Have you tried deleting the skill and re-connecting to it?

Comment

Working...
                              X