Clear All

Some adds to Rupp's Alexa troubleshooting process:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alexa Problems 2.png
Views:	494
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1386665

Comment

Also... if anyone is looking for a work-around. (Also also, maybe someone already mentioned this and I am late to the party) Using a virtual device seems to work. Creating a virtual device with the "is light" and "Voice command" seems to make the device discoverable in the alexa app and then controllable via voice. I was making sure to quit the amazon app first and saving the device and refreshing my HS web page before proceeding with discovery. Then setting up a scene with the virtual device seems to work for now...

Comment

Ah crud, now it wont let me add anything...

Comment

Originally posted by Hossy View Post
          Ok, I wanted to post this here for everyone who is having trouble. Mine is now working and the solution was NOT obvious. Thanks go to Greg Hughes @ HomeSeer Support!

Firstly, instead of obliterating my current configuration in the name of troubleshooting, I used BLBackup to take a backup first and then once I resolved the problem, restored the backup and made the ONE change.

No need then to worry about which devices I had enabled for voice. Although, it didn't stop me from trying. Data\HomeSeerData.hsd is a SQLite DB. In the Devices table there is a object_data column that contains BLOB data. On the 5A0 line, there is a entry (in mine anyway) for 0x33 which seems to indicate voice command is enabled. However, in playing with it, that one value appears to change based upon multiple check boxes, but doesn't appear to be a bitmask. I'm not totally sure, but BLBackup was good enough for me so I gave up trying to narrow it down.

Moving on to the fix...

Open your HomeSeer WebUI. Tools > Setup > Network. Make sure you have a user created with the same username/password as your MyHS credentials. Do this EVEN IF your HomeSeer Mobile app works perfectly outside your house or off your network. EVEN IF the HomeSeer Mobile app shows "Remote" and you have no problems controlling your devices.

IMPORTANT: If you change your MyHS password, you must ALSO update it here.

To confirm this is working, go to myhs.homeseer.com, login, and try and access your system. What you will notice is that even when accessing your system, the username reported by the WebUI is NOT your MyHS account, but probably your regular Admin account. Don't ask me why, I just [don't] work here. :-)

Run a discovery on Alexa.

Hopefully this resolves someone else's problem. Good luck!
          I just discovered this when upgrading to HS4. HS Mobile wouldn't show me any devices. I'd always had just a single "Admin" user and everything worked as expected. Apparently that's no longer the case with HS4. I created a set of credentials in tools>setup>network that matched myhs and now HS Mobile works again. I thought I'd discovered the cause of my Alexa issues, but alas it still didn't work.

I tried all the troubleshooting steps again, disabling voice for everything, making sure single device has both voice enabled and a voice command name, disabling the skill, re-enabled, and nothing. Sigh.

Comment

I've been going back and forth with support for several days now trying to get this figured out. I've done the disable voice for all devices, enabled for one device, uninstall/reinstall flow roughly 20 times. Still no devices found. Support rep says it must be something on my network. Alexa finds every non-homeseer device with no problem. We just got a printer and it found it first try. All our sonos, smarthings, etc all work just fine.

The rep asked me to disable my firewall. I've got a full ubiquiti setup, so it's not that simple. You can delete individual firewall rules but there's no on/off for the firewall. I have no custom firewall rules created and I do have upnp enabled. Any unifi experts out there have tips? Help would be appreciated.

Comment

I am having the same issue. I updated to HS4 a couple of days ago and now some of my devices are showing unresponsive in Alexa. I have tried unchecking and rechecking the voice command but Alexa still doesn't see them. Did you get this figured out? My Hues lights work with alexa.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem. Moved to HS4 over the weekend and now can't get the Alexa Smarthome interface to find any devices.

Comment

Hello all,

I just got my Homeseer this week and it is the HS4. There is only 1 Alexa skill that is operational at this time. It requires multiple sign in attempts and eventually it will enable. It was able to find my thermostat but not my switches. I have done some tinkering and I still have not been able to get Alexa to find light switches. Has anyone found a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by cvame View Post
                    Hello all,

I just got my Homeseer this week and it is the HS4. There is only 1 Alexa skill that is operational at this time. It requires multiple sign in attempts and eventually it will enable. It was able to find my thermostat but not my switches. I have done some tinkering and I still have not been able to get Alexa to find light switches. Has anyone found a solution?
                    Did you go through the steps in post #46?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, I did follow the suggestions of post #46. Still not able to find the device on Alexa. I would like to point out that post #46 was using HS3 and I have HS4. Not sure if there is that big of a difference.

Comment

I am not sure what is wrong with discovery. Seems things that I set up in HS4 are not discovered. Things that converted are ok but re-named NO. I have some Zooz (z-wave) switches that I CAN NOT get Alexa to find or control with Voice for Christmas stuff. This is very frustrating! I cannot figure out what to do or is wrong.

Does anyone have any discovery tips that will help me? I tried post 46 thanks anyway. What is wrong with Discovery for HS4? Never had this problem with HS3.

PS. Same Zooz switch added with HS3 works great. New devices will not be discovered?

Comment

Originally posted by DaleRS View Post
                          I am not sure what is wrong with discovery. Seems things that I set up in HS4 are not discovered. Things that converted are ok but re-named NO. I have some Zooz (z-wave) switches that I CAN NOT get Alexa to find or control with Voice for Christmas stuff. This is very frustrating! I cannot figure out what to do or is wrong.

Does anyone have any discovery tips that will help me? I tried post 46 thanks anyway. What is wrong with Discovery for HS4? Never had this problem with HS3.

PS. Same Zooz switch added with HS3 works great. New devices will not be discovered?
                          When you updated your license to HS4 did you also update your myHS account to use your new license id as well?
                          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post

When you updated your license to HS4 did you also update your myHS account to use your new license id as well?
                            Looks like that worked thanks Rupp! It will be a Merry Christmas. Haha... I had to go into Alexa app, disable "Homeseer" app and re-enable, then discover and voila! Thanks Rupp.

Comment

I having this issue myself, can add more devices to alexa. Has this been fixed?
                              Hector
                              MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Working...
                              X