That device is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That device is not responding

Anyone else having problems with the Homeseer skill?
    It was working fine last night but not today. MyHS is fine (Homeseer Mobile is fine) and Jon00s Alexa Helper is fine.
    I'm in the UK if that helps.
    ​​​​​

It seems to be OK now. Any ideas as to what happened?

Comment

Hmmm it’s gone again. This time both the Homeseer skill and the Alexa Helper are affected.

Comment

Yeah, I am seeing something at this time too...
        HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
        Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
        weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

In the past two days, Alexa has been saying "<device> is not responding" quite often - maybe half the time I tell it to turn on or off a light. In the past, I do get "<device> is not responding" occasionally, but it's been much more often in the past two days. Are other folks experiencing the same issue?

EDIT: note that, when I get "<device> is not responding" to turn on or off a HomeSeer device, I can still use Alexa to turn on or off my Philips Hue lights, and they always work via Alexa. I use the Hue skill, so I don't go through HomeSeer to voice control the Hue lights. Also, HomeSeer Mobile is also working fine. When I use the Alexa app directly, and I try to turn on or off a HomeSeer-controlled light, the Alexa app says "Device is unresponsive". So, it seems to me there is some issue on the Alexa server side with regards to the HomeSeer skill...

Comment

Originally posted by randman View Post
            In the past two days, Alexa has been saying "<device> is not responding" quite often - maybe half the time I tell it to turn on or off a light. In the past, I do get "<device> is not responding" occasionally, but it's been much more often in the past two days. Are other folks experiencing the same issue?

EDIT: note that, when I get "<device> is not responding" to turn on or off a HomeSeer device, I can still use Alexa to turn on or off my Philips Hue lights, and they always work via Alexa. I use the Hue skill, so I don't go through HomeSeer to voice control the Hue lights. Also, HomeSeer Mobile is also working fine. When I use the Alexa app directly, and I try to turn on or off a HomeSeer-controlled light, the Alexa app says "Device is unresponsive". So, it seems to me there is some issue on the Alexa server side with regards to the HomeSeer skill...
            I had to use the brute force method to resolve this issue: Forget All devices, disable HomeSeer SmartHome skill, reenable it, and then rerun Discover. At least this time (unlike a few weeks ago), Alexa discovered all my devices right away. Then, I had to recreate my 18+ groups. Now, voice commands work again. (Aside: I use HomeKit with homeseer-homebridge-2018 plug-in and it always works, never fails.... but I don't have as much HomePods as Alexa, so I need to speak a little louder when Alexa isn't working to talk to Siri).

Comment

My home seer devices in alexa are intermittantly reporting as "unresponsive".

Been that way for a couple days now... but now it's worse.

I can turn on and off via homeseer no problem... just failing about 50% of time when i try to do routines in alexa. (or through the alexa ipad interface)

Regards,

Andrew B.

Comment

I am having the same problem. Many devices randomly unresponsive at different times.

Comment

You are not alone (also reported here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...11th-june-2019) - I have logged it as ref 48066 although it appears by no means limited to me and I would be surprised if others had not reported it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
                    You are not alone (also reported here https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...11th-june-2019) - I have logged it as ref 48066 although it appears by no means limited to me and I would be surprised if others had not reported it.
                    Probably a different issue, but yesterday Amazon Echo told me I did not have the Homeseer skill enabled, after having been enabled and working reasonably well for more than 1 year.
                    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
                    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

I have had the Alexa "Homeseer SmartHome" skill active and working for the past year. However in the past 2 days, Alexa control of my homeseer devices has become extremely unreliable, with Alexa often reporting "the device is not responding". Sometimes, some devices are still responding, but it is super flaky. Control through homeseer directly (App, web gui, events, etc) is all working perfectly, the problem is only with the Alexa integration. When I check in the Alexa skills settings for this skill, it does show the the account is "linked". I have around 60 lights and switches tied into Alexa from homeseer, so I do not want to unlink and risk loosing them all (and having to re add everything).

Any suggestions?

Comment

This has only happened to me a couple of times a few months ago and I unplug my Dot and allow it to reconnect and it works fine after that.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp - I will give that a try, although it is a bit more involved for me as I have 10 Alexa devices in the house, including an Ecobee thermostat, 4 sonos one, 3 echos, a FireTV stick, etc. Do you think I would need to have them all offline simultaneously and then bring them all back online?

Comment

Having the same issues. Since the echo's all work well with eWelink, MagicHome, Hue, Autovoice and NodeRED but not with HS (I am having the same exact problem with Google Home as well) that sort of points at something with MyHS and the connection to my system. Anyone have any troubleshooting ideas?

Comment

Same issue here, started yesterday and I'm still having issues this morning. I haven't changed anything on the system and it seems intermittent. I guess its time to reboot everything and then play the waiting game.. Probably something between Homeseer and Amazon..
                              Last edited by shielrl; November 28, 2019, 09:29 AM. Reason: To add.. From HS3 everything works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X