No announcement yet.

That device is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am having the same problem. I can control devices from the homeseer dashboard, but Alexa just says "hmm.. "device name" is not responding. I submitted a message for help last night, they suggested I reboot my router that didn't help. I have done several things including rebooting homeseer, disable/enable Alexa skill. Sill nothing.

Comment

Okay Alexa is back with me as well in Ireland. However the coincidental problem on Rasp Pi Linux is continuing. Can this be looked at? Others are experiencing it as well: "Error downloading updates file: Error: TrustFailure (Authentication failed, see inner exception.)"

Comment

I'm still getting "hmmmm anglepoise lamp is not responding"
        Question: do I need to restart Homeseer to correct this?

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
          I'm still getting "hmmmm anglepoise lamp is not responding"
          Question: do I need to restart Homeseer to correct this?
          Try to disconnect the skill then register it again in the Alexa app.

Greig.
          Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
          X10 = CM12U, 2xAM12, 1xAW10, 1 x TM13U, 1xMS13, 2xHR10, 2xSS13
          Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
          Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
          Scripts =
          Various

Comment

Originally posted by enigmatheatre View Post

Try to disconnect the skill then register it again in the Alexa app.

Greig.
            Thanks but I really don't want to do that. I will however if Homeseer support tell me it's the only way.

Comment

I am back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post

Thanks but I really don't want to do that. I will however if Homeseer support tell me it's the only way.
                Why not? This will not change anything or lose devices it just updates the connection.
                Zwave = Z-Stick, 3xHSM100� 7xACT ZDM230, 1xEverspring SM103, 2xACT HomePro ZRP210.
                Other Hardware = ADI Ocelot + secu16, Global Cache GC100, RFXtrx433, 3 x Foscams.
                Plugings = RFXcom, ActiveBackup, Applied Digital Ocelot, BLDeviceMatrix, BLGarbage, BLLAN, Current Cost, Global Cache GC100,HSTouch Android, HSTouch Server, HSTouch Server Unlimited, NetCAM, PowerTrigger, SageWebcamXP, SqueezeBox, X10 CM11A/CM12U.
                Scripts =
                Various

Comment

I can confirm that Alexa is now responding again for me too with no action required by me, so the resolution from HomeSeer seems to have fixed the issue.

Comment

Ok, so I restarted Homeseer about 3 hours ago to no avail. But I've just tried again and it's working.

Comment

I can also confirm my Alexa has discovered devices again. Now, it would be nice to get some comms from the devs I.e “ hi folks, we stuffed up blah blah due to blah blah. We applied a fix and this shouldn’t happen again etc”

Comment

Originally posted by voltier View Post
                        I can also confirm my Alexa has discovered devices again. Now, it would be nice to get some comms from the devs I.e “ hi folks, we stuffed up blah blah due to blah blah. We applied a fix and this shouldn’t happen again etc”
                        You might want to look at post #105 in this thread then.
                        Scripts =
                        Various

Comment

It looks like the Alexa skills are offline again in the UK, All i get is device not responding. However tried to use the App and that's down as well, so it looks like the homeseer servers are down.

Comment

Down here in California as well.

https://status.homeseer.com/ shows "Partial Outage" ...

myhs.homeseer.com takes over an minute to load, then once it does load, clicking 'access system' just reloads that page.

Comment

Same here - been down all day.

Error when trying to log in to myhs.homeseer.com:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An exception occurred while processing your request. Additionally, another exception occurred while executing the custom error page for the first exception. The request has been terminated.

My computer is up - Blue Iris is working fine.

No response from HS support via chat yet...

Comment

And I just got a response from them:

My apologies for missing your chat. Yes, the MyHS service is currently experiencing a DDOS attack at the moment. Our engineers are actively working on getting this fixed ASAP. My apologies for the inconvenience.

Best,

--
                                Matt Cave
                                help@homeseer.com

Comment

Working...
                                X