No announcement yet.

That device is not responding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disabled/re-enabled the skill, but it didn't fix my slightly different issue.

Every dimmer switch operates normally via voice command yet in the Alexa app itself if you open it says "Waiting for HomeSeer" and never returns it's current state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bufflo View Post
      JimSpy, disabling the Alexa skill and reenabling it has apparently fixed the problem for now. It has been working today.
      i did this today and everything discovered no problems, seems back to normal

Comment

Well, glad I could help y'all. Now I got the problem back, and relinking/rediscovering is NOT fixing it!

I had to shut down my Internet for about five minutes today, and since it came back on, Alexa is unable to run anything. After trying to relink and rediscover, I took a look at my HS server. I noticed this in the log:
        Apr-03 5:22:10 PM Error Creating connection to MyHS service, there may be a problem with the server or the Internet connection. The connection will be attempted again shortly.
        That's the only error so far. I stopped and started HomeSeer, and got the same error.

So now I need help. Anyone? Anyone? Buehler?

Jim Speiser
        38-year veteran of Home Automation
        Still don't know squat

Comment

Addendum: There is something further back in the log.
          Apr-03 4:33:17 PM Warning Error serializing myhs data: Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

Whatever could this mean? I am able to log in to MyHS manually through my web browser, and it takes me right to my board. Strangeness.

Jim Speiser
          Still don't know squat

Comment

Update: well, not really much to update. My Alexa/HS3 Integration is 100% failure at this point. And my Hs3touch isn't working either. The latter is throwing an error like, network error trying to reach MYHS, are you sure it's runn8ng? I'm beginning to suspect the problem lies in a little town in New Hampshire...???

Jim Speiser
            Still don't know squat

Comment

I too am getting Alexa 'not responding' errors.
              Started last night / early this AM

Comment

Same here, started this morning, xxx not responding, also will not find new devices, even after unlinking, relinking account. Getting quite old

Comment

I have been having the same issues as others here after nearly a year of (mostly) solid service. I have reset my Router, modem, switches, reset my HS, unlinked and relinked etc....multiple times, all to no avail. Since the Philips Hue and other non-Zwave devices are all working fine after at least a dozen discover tries with Alexa I have to believe this is a HS side issue.

Are they paying any attention at all to the forum postings? I know they are almost 4 months late with the HS 4 update but it would be nice to know when I can get my services back online.

Comment

Originally posted by JimSpy View Post
                    Update: well, not really much to update. My Alexa/HS3 Integration is 100% failure at this point. And my Hs3touch isn't working either. The latter is throwing an error like, network error trying to reach MYHS, are you sure it's runn8ng? I'm beginning to suspect the problem lies in a little town in New Hampshire...???
                    So you restarted and you still see this issue. We had over two dozen help desk tickets on this issue and everyone that has responded has responded that their issue was solved. If it's not working now I suspect something on your network is causing an issue between your network and HomeSeers network.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Define "Restarted"
                      I restarted HS but no change. "xxx is not responding"

Comment

Originally posted by Houdini7 View Post
                        Define "Restarted"
                        I restarted HS but no change. "xxx is not responding"
                        Same here. But just in case, trying again right now...

Jim Speiser
                        Still don't know squat

Comment

I restarted the HS service (multiple times) again, access to all devices using the local web client works fine.
                          Tried optimizing the network under the Zwave plugin, more than once.
                          Tried removing all devices from the Alexa app, many times. The ones that return are always the same (Hue lights, garage door control, and Sensibo A/C control) but no straight Zwave devices so, locks, sensors, and some lights do not get found.
                          Tried removing the skill, many times, and adding (enabling it) again no change.
                          Tried removing all devices, removing the skill and redoing both, no change.
                          Reset my modem (dozens of times), reset my router (same) even tried turning EVERYTHING off, no change.
                          My network seems to be otherwise working fine.

Looking for any suggestions on what to try next.

Comment

No love. Alexa still calls all devices unresponsive.
                            No error messages in the startup log.

Jim Speiser
                            Still don't know squat

Comment

OK, somebody did something, she's working now.

Extreme gratitude.

Now, does anyone have a clue why this keeps happening?

Jim Speiser
                              Still don't know squat

Comment

Still off line for me...

Comment

Working...
                                X