Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa TTS that works better (IMHO) than the solution for Home Assistant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be in the debug window, top right of your screen (click the bug)

Click image for larger version

Name:	debug.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1381698

Comment

Originally posted by mr.Magoo View Post
      It'll be in the debug window, top right of your screen (click the bug)

Click image for larger version

Name:	debug.JPG
Views:	569
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	1381698
      I realized I wasn't pushing the inject button. It's working now.

Does the cookie auto-refresh or do we need to login every 14 days to get a new cookie?

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post
        Does the cookie auto-refresh or do we need to login every 14 days to get a new cookie?
        As long as you use it I think you're good, I have not updated/refreshed mine since I started this thread in August last year.

Comment

Originally posted by mr.Magoo View Post

As long as you use it I think you're good, I have not updated/refreshed mine since I started this thread in August last year.
          Interesting, I've found even with the HomeAssistant method, I have to refresh my cookie after 14 days. Maybe it's my account.

Comment

Would it be offtopic to discuss the node-red-contrib-amazon-echo node? I know this thread is ostensibly about TTS but as mr.Magoo mentioned, this node can do some cool stuff. I got it all set up and now have the ability to say "turn off the television" and it will turn off the one in the same room as the Echo that I activated. I can do the same for "fan" and "lamps".

Comment

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
              Would it be offtopic to discuss the node-red-contrib-amazon-echo node? I know this thread is ostensibly about TTS but as mr.Magoo mentioned, this node can do some cool stuff. I got it all set up and now have the ability to say "turn off the television" and it will turn off the one in the same room as the Echo that I activated. I can do the same for "fan" and "lamps".
              I can’t speak for everyone but I would be really interested in a quick how to on the room recognition stuff.

Comment

Would it be offtopic to discuss the node-red-contrib-amazon-echo node?
                It's all HS / Node-Red and Alexa so I don't see any harm in that...

Comment

<snip>

Comment

Is there any way to use replacement variables with the MQTT node red flow? If I put a replacement variable in the payload Alexa just reads it literally.

Comment

Sorted, I had replacement variable format wrong. Works great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Statikk View Post

I can’t speak for everyone but I would be really interested in a quick how to on the room recognition stuff.
                        I have a ZEE S2 running HS4 and would love a 'simple' how-to going over the basics to help me get started.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbrey View Post

I have a ZEE S2 running HS4 and would love a 'simple' how-to going over the basics to help me get started.
                          I posted my flow but took it down just the other day. I have made some updates and just removed the old version in advance of posting the new version once I do some cleanup. I didn't get an feedback so I didn't think anyone was using it. How far have you gotten?

Comment

I posted my flow but took it down just the other day. I have made some updates and just removed the old version in advance of posting the new version once I do some cleanup. I didn't get an feedback so I didn't think anyone was using it. How far have you gotten?
                            I had HS3Pro on a Windows XP HomeTroller. So I understand the intent.
                            I'm trying to wrap my head around HS4, controlling HUE lights (which I've got working), but I've not been able to add my 58 Cooper Z-wave Switches. The simpler interface of HS4 either works, or does not work without telling you why it did not work. HS4 may be too simple?
                            As to adding events, I'm sure that should be able to do that. And I think I have the floor/room sorted out now.
                            Im just stuck trying to add my Z-wave switches, and when the add does not work, I'm kind of stuck as to why not...

And I'm pretty sure that I'm doing the right thing for HS4 to add Z-wave devices.
                            Possible failure modes are:
                            - Too far from switch?
                            - Have to remove/reset switch before adding (I thought I had done)
                            - I'm an idiot and am trying to add Z-wave devices the wrong way.

Comment

mr.Magoo, I am quite interested to get this working. Caveat: I'm new to node red and MQTT. When I import your "Alexa Init / Refresh node" code, I get "unknown: alexa-remote-init". Might you know what I am doing wrong? Thanks..

Comment

Thank you so much. I got this running. Wife will love this. I can now have it say when I arrive home

Comment

Working...
                                X