Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa TTS that works better (IMHO) than the solution for Home Assistant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elmerbug View Post
    mr.Magoo, I am quite interested to get this working. Caveat: I'm new to node red and MQTT. When I import your "Alexa Init / Refresh node" code, I get "unknown: alexa-remote-init". Might you know what I am doing wrong? Thanks..
    Add the correct Alexa node to your palette.

Comment

Hi There

I had this working fine until this morning because i was forced to change my password at Amazon. Now when i try to recapture the cookie using http://127.0.0.1:3456 i get a "Please enable cookies to continue" after entering my credentials. I can login fine on the same machine when going directly to amazon.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by AZweimiller View Post
        Would it be offtopic to discuss the node-red-contrib-amazon-echo node? I know this thread is ostensibly about TTS but as mr.Magoo mentioned, this node can do some cool stuff. I got it all set up and now have the ability to say "turn off the television" and it will turn off the one in the same room as the Echo that I activated. I can do the same for "fan" and "lamps".
        Would you be able to share how you were able to do room recognition?

Comment

Originally posted by cgeisler View Post

Would you be able to share how you were able to do room recognition?
          I use the Alexa Event node set to "Device Activity" for the command type. This fires any time you speak to an Alexa device. It will show the voice command spoken. I use regular expressions to detect whether I said something like turn on, turn off, set the, dim the (lamp or television or fan) to some value. If a command in this structure is detected then the flow modifies the voice command to include the name of the Alexa device that heard it. So if an Alexa named "Living Room" heard "turn on the lamps" then the flow will modify the command to be "turn on the Living Room lamps". From there it is sent on to HomeSeers voicecommand JSON interface. This works very reliably. I have fake devices for Lamp, Fan, and Television so that Alexa doesn't yell about these devices not existing.

Comment

Mr. Magoo & everyone. Thanks for the very generous sharing of information. My challenge is that I'm stuck at MQTT. I have my node-red flow setup, cookies and all. I have the MQTT plugin install on HS4. Alexa configurations seem to be working (devices successfully enumerate). So here's the question: Where can I find step-by-step instructions on configuring node-red/hs4 for MQTT? Any help would be appreciated.

Don

Comment

I can't speak for MQTT because I didn't get into that. However, there are ways to do it without MQTT if you don't wish to go down the MQTT path. Personally I did it using webhooks by passing the text from Homeseer into a URL listener in rode red. However, I recently stumbled across this which may be a more straightforward way to doing it.

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...E2%80%9D-guide

Comment

Originally posted by elmerbug View Post
                Mr. Magoo & everyone. Thanks for the very generous sharing of information. My challenge is that I'm stuck at MQTT. I have my node-red flow setup, cookies and all. I have the MQTT plugin install on HS4. Alexa configurations seem to be working (devices successfully enumerate). So here's the question: Where can I find step-by-step instructions on configuring node-red/hs4 for MQTT? Any help would be appreciated.

Don
                For the MQTT route, there are several videos on YouTube. Just type in MQTT and node-red. I think you have to install Mosquito. Got it to work great once. Then, I corrupted the configuration by messing around with it and it never worked after that.

Comment

If HS4 supports Node-Red directly, why install MQTT? The only thing MQTT does in this discussion thread is bridge HS3 and Node-Red. Since HS4 supports Node-Red directly, MQTT shouldn't be necessary to leverage speaking with Alexa and HS4.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                    If HS4 supports Node-Red directly, why install MQTT? The only thing MQTT does in this discussion thread is bridge HS3 and Node-Red. Since HS4 supports Node-Red directly, MQTT shouldn't be necessary to leverage speaking with Alexa and HS4.
                    I am trying that now. The gotcha there is that mcsMQTT doesn't appear to be opening port 1883 on the Zee S2, so node-red can never connect to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post
                      You use MQTT to make it easier to send what alexa devices you want to have speak and what you want it to speak. Mr Magoo's setup is quite elegant. I think it is the best way to do this.

Comment

Yes, but his method was published prior to HS4. At that time, MQTT was the only way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Doesn't the native method require using an intermediate virtual device to trigger the node red flow? I find mqtt more elegant, personally.

Comment

I find using MQTT to be the most flexible method.

1. Can be triggered from an event
                            2. Can be triggered from another flow
                            3. No need for an intermediary device
                            4. Can specify which device to use, the message spoken and other SSML markup like whisper

Comment

After months working without issues, I'm getting authentication failed: "no body" message. Any idea why?

Comment

I try to refresh the cookie. I open the browser, enter the ip address:3456, it get me to Amazon Alexa. I enter the user name and password. I get the message 'Enable cookies" I tried several browsers with the same issue. I would appreciate any help.

Comment

Working...
                                X