Devices "Unresponsive"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devices "Unresponsive"

For 4+ hours now, all my 60some HS devices are showing as "unresponsive" on the Echo app, and when asked, Alexa says "Sorry, xxx is not responding".
    All device controllable from MyHS app.

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.531
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - Work Station

Originally posted by Jayhawk View Post
    For 4+ hours now, all my 60some HS devices are showing as "unresponsive" on the Echo app, and when asked, Alexa says "Sorry, xxx is not responding".
    All device controllable from MyHS app.
    Not that it's proof everything is well in the world, but Alexa integration is (currently) working for me.

Comment

Must be a localized outage as it's working here as well. She has issues staying up in larger cities.
      https://downdetector.com/status/amazon-alexa/map/
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am having the same issue in North Atlanta suburb. Most times it tells me the device is not responding and in the Alexa app it shows as “ Device is unresponsive”. Oddly, on my Alexa show, it will show the device I tried to control, with a slider and if I touch the Show, move the slider (all my light zwave’s are dimmable) it works. Within HS3, they all work fine. Maybe Alexa is having issue with voice processing. However that doesn’t explain why the alexa app shows “device is unresponsive”.

Comment

I just had to completely redo my HABridge and devices discovery as I lost all control.

It appears amazon have messed up their implementation of the discovery process - if you enable debug logging on HABridge, you'll see that after the upnp discovery, the stupid amazon devices do not get the xml from the right IP/port.

For example - I had HABridge running on port 85 on the same server as HS. Used to work fine, it'd discover the stuff, and then get the descriptions file from http://server:85/description.xml. It'd then use that to get the device info and discover the devices.

Now, the echos do a upnp discovery of HABridge, then just hit that on port 80. Not fun if you're running HS on the same box, as then you have to change the port of HS, and unlink and re-link the skill to get it working again.....

Next up - seems colour control has stopped working for the skill, the usual enabling voice control and islight for the root and colour control devices causes discovery to not see the device at all, or you get a root device and the light device as two devices, the root not working....

Can't wait for when Amazon tweak their stuff again and cause something else to break. Things are so much better in the cloud.

Comment

Working...
          X