Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alexa Smarthome Skill no longer working - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexa Smarthome Skill no longer working - Fixed!

My Alexa Smarthome Skill is no longer working. It was working as of Monday like a champ. Now it doesn't work. I'm using Alexa to trigger HomeSeer Events. I accomplish this by creating a virtual Device and HS3 then have Alexa look for new devices. The devices are listed in Alexa.

However, the routine that triggers the HS event doesn't seem to trigger the event. It runs the other non HS related actions in the routine. Just not the HS action.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem?

Any suggestions. I'm about to disable the skill then re-link it to my HS account.

Having the same problem, just started today. I've used this skill since it first came out with few issues. Today Alexa says "that device is not responding...". Everything works on the Homeseer side including from my.HS.com

Comment

Same problem here. Removed the skill and all devices. Readded skill.. Nothing discovered.

Comment

We found the issue, should be ok now.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Having same issue with Alexa "devices is unresponsive". Enabled and disabled Alexa Homeseer skill many times. restarted Homeseer and Alexa many times. Everything on Homeseer working well, just not talking to Alexa.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
            Thanks Rich. All working here now.

Comment

Everything working again. Thanks RJH

Comment

Thank you so much RJH!

Comment

It's still not working. I can enable the skills but when I discover devices in Alexa it doesn't add any of the HomeSeer devices. It previously worked.

Comment

One thing to note. If you already have devices configured in the Alexa App, and then you do a discover, it will come back and say that it did not find any devices. That is because the devices are already there. If you don't have any routines configured or devices specially named then delete all your devices from the Alexa app and then run the discovery again. Or as a test just delete a few and then see if it discovers them again.

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

It's still not working. I can enable the skills but when I discover devices in Alexa it doesn't add any of the HomeSeer devices. It previously worked.

Comment

One thing to note. If you already have devices configured in the Alexa App, and then you do a discover, it will come back and say that it did not find any devices. That is because the devices are already there. If you don't have any routines configured or devices specially named then delete all your devices from the Alexa app and then run the discovery again. Or as a test just delete a few and then see if it discovers them again.

I deleted all devices and then discovered devices again. All of my devices were re-added EXCEPT my HomeSeer devices. I disabled both HS skills then re-enabled them. Afterwards I discovered new devices. No luck.

Comment

Send a message to support@homeseer.com so we can take a closer look at your connection. From here all systems appear to be working properly so maybe there is an issue with your account that we have to address.

Originally posted by mgonzales100 View Post

I deleted all devices and then discovered devices again. All of my devices were re-added EXCEPT my HomeSeer devices. I disabled both HS skills then re-enabled them. Afterwards I discovered new devices. No luck.

Comment

Send a message to support@homeseer.com so we can take a closer look at your connection. From here all systems appear to be working properly so maybe there is an issue with your account that we have to address.

Will do. Thanks

Comment

I figured it out. I'm such a dipstick. I brought up an old HS Server to see how a plugin was configured and forgot to power it down. I recently purchased a micro PC for my dedicated server.

Thanks.

Comment

Is this broken for anyone else? The last two days it seems to be partially working. I can ask it to turn on a light and its 50/50 if it works. Seems like every other command doesn't work verbally. The app shows device is unresponsive.

My HomeBridge works flawlessly so it has to be something with the Alexa/HS integration. I've rebooted everything and nothing seems to make it work consistantly.

Comment

Working...
                              X